cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

chadmank11
Journeyman III

Windows 10 keeps automatically downgrading my AMD drivers

I've had this problem for a while now. Occasionally, Windows would automatically downgrade the Radeon Software (Adrenalin Edition) from the current version to version 20.10.10.02 (which was released back on May 7th 2020). When it happens, the screen goes black for a split second, and some programs/games will crash when it resumes. It doesn't matter which driver version I currently have (currently using 20.11.2), it will always change it to that specific version. It is really annoying since the driver version it downgrades to doesn't support some of the programs I use, so I have to constantly update the drivers every time Windows downgrade it. I've already tried many different solutions but none of them worked.ScreenShot_20201202114030.png
ScreenShot_20201202114038.png

-I'm using Windows 10 Home (64-bit), so I can't use group policy editor.

-I've already tried using the control panel Device Installation Settings to disable automatic updates, but it doesn't work.

-I've tried using the AMD Cleanup Utility to perform a fresh reinstall of the driver.

-I've also tried using the registry editor with the "ExcludeWUDriversInQualityUpdate" DWORD, in both 32-bit and 64-bit directories.

-I don't exactly want to disable ALL windows update, I still want automatic Windows updates but just not for the AMD drivers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

0 Likes
5 Replies

0 Likes

I'm not sure which option it is that I need to change.

Edit: the "Disable automatic driver updates through Windows update" is already toggled on, is there any other settings I need to change?

0 Likes

My drivers just downgraded again, OOSU10 does not work.

Here are the settings(I'm not sure if I'm missing anything):

ScreenShot_20201207090257.png

0 Likes

Turn them all on and try again.

0 Likes

Still doesn't work. I turned them all back on, restarted my PC, and then turned them back off. It seems to now downgrade more often than usual.

0 Likes