cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

pilotjoe
Adept I

Windows 10 fails to install adrenaline

I currently have 4 rx5700 xt cards running great in a small mining rig.  This runs windows 10 on a clean install.  I just received a 5th card.  I shut down the computer and added the 5th card only to get a BSOD "driver overran stack buffer"

So I rebooted in safe mode, disconnected internet and used DDU to uninstall the adm adrenaline driver v 20.9.2.

I then rebooted and tried to re-install adrenaline.  It installs the drivers, however when it begins to install the AMD software it crashes and I get a BSOD again "driver overran stack buffer".

Currently I have rebooted and the system is running fine, all drivers are installed and it is mining just fine, however I do not have the Adrenaline software to help control power, fan speed, etc.

Any help would be appreciated

0 Likes
4 Replies
jdoe12345
Journeyman III

Same thing is happening to me now on a fresh install of windows except adrenaline will install with 4 cards in, but the second I put the 5th card in it won’t get into windows and blue screens with the driver stack overrun error

0 Likes
jdoe12345
Journeyman III

found the answer in an old thread. 

By the way, you had the solution. I converted to UEFI and now it detects my 5th gpu, about to get the 6th put on there.

For anyone who somehow reads this and somehow has this same problem, you can open command prompt , type mbr2gpt.exe /convert /allowFullOS

and then go into bios and change boot settings to uefi.

0 Likes

i think it has something to do with the format of your hard drive and if legacy or UEFI is set in bios

0 Likes
drallim
Elite

Sounds like a driver bug to me.

0 Likes