cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

zimmerru
Journeyman III

Windows 10 Driver Support - FirePro M7820

I have a Dell Precision M6500 with a Firepro M7820 in it, that was upgraded to Windows 10 a month or two before I received it.  I am trying to find drivers for Windows 10 for the card. I saw that there were some beta drivers but even those don't appear to be available for this Firepro card.  Windows 10 doesn't show up as an option for this card when I manually choose it under the normal drivers or beta. 

The current driver works fine for gaming but things like the brightness adjustment on the screen don't work. I'm not even sure what driver is currently installed since the card shows as a Radeon HD 5800M in the device manager.

0 Likes
4 Replies
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Windows 10 Driver Support - FirePro M7820

I was not able to find any Windows 10 drivers for this product, only 14.301.1019 which is for Windows 8.1.

Adding our Firepro expert fsadough

0 Likes
xeleron
Miniboss

You can use the Windows 8.1 drivers pretty well.The gpu shows as a radeon 5800 series because that's what it's based on.

0 Likes
fsadough
Staff
Staff

No official driver yet. Not even listed under DELL web site. 

guneetkaur
Journeyman III

Do you know that it is a kind of bug in system that window is not showing daily driver updates/driver update news. But you can also manually update drivers in Windows 10 by below given steps. I hope this might be useful to you. In case if this will not give you desired result then switch to Dell Precision M6500 Manual for another recommendations:

• Open Windows 10 Control Panel by pressing Win+X (Windows key windows key 3 and X key) at the same time and clicking Control Panel.
  • View by Small icons.
  • Click Device Manager.
  • In Device Manager window, expand categories and locate the device that you wish to update the driver for. For instance, if you used Driver Easy to download “Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller”, find this device under “Network adapters” category. Then right-click on the device name and select Update Driver Software.
  • In the pop-up window, you will see two options. Click Browse my computer for driver software
  • Click on Browse to find the location of the downloaded driver file.
  • Click on Next button to install the driver.
0 Likes