cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

sephethus
Journeyman III

Windows 10: BENQ XL2730 Monitor loses connection (No Signal) at login.

I have a 2016 MacBook Pro w/TouchBar, these have the AMD Radeon Pro 450. I'm running the latest driver. Either that's 21.19.128.7 or it's 17.12.2 depending on who you ask (former is device manager and latter is AMD driver install).

I'm running Windows 10 Creator's Edition with the latest updates on a bootcamp partition..

I got a new BENQ XL2730 monitor and I have spoken with them at length about this issue. They seem to believe the problem is the AMD drivers in Windows 10.

The problem ONLY occurs in Windows, the problem does not occur at all with Mac OS High Sierra.

The problem is worse (more annoying) with a display port adapter/connector and slightly better (less annoying) with an HDMI adapter. They both have the same issue:

Once Windows reaches the login prompt to type the password, the signal cuts out shortly thereafter. It does not return until I unplug the monitor repeatedly and plug it back in with the laptop clamshell open. This is so obviously either an AMD Windows driver issue or a problem with Windows itself. I'm running the AMD Radeon driver FROM AMD, not Apple. The Apple one won't even work anyway, it's obnoxiously outdated.

Windows 10 Version 10.0.16299.248

Additional (possibly relevant) Error information from Event Log on boot:

Faulting application name: RadeonSettings.exe, version: 10.1.2.1703, time stamp: 0x5a36ca0d

Faulting module name: atiadlxx.dll, version: 21.19.128.7, time stamp: 0x57da013c

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00000000000922d7

Faulting process id: 0x1b4c

Faulting application start time: 0x01d3a7f923a63821

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\RadeonSettings.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\atiadlxx.dll

Report Id: 44e63496-7425-4f1a-ba50-8ea48113f282

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

The below errors contain app IDs that I could not find in dcomcnfg:

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

{6B3B8D23-FA8D-40B9-8DBD-B950333E2C52}

and APPID

{4839DDB7-58C2-48F5-8283-E1D1807D0D7D}

to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

{D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}

and APPID

{9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276}

to the user DESKTOP-0L0IK3N\Nate SID (S-1-5-21-572344948-3123976323-2876246220-1001) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

0 Likes
9 Replies
plumboby
Miniboss

an issue I have had with these latest drivers to I have also had a go multipul times. Bug between creators update & AMD there are work arounds tho you safer to go back to a crimsom driver & see what happens an idea. Any drivers past the 17.12.2 onwards have been horibl;e & I have the same issue when using them with my rx560oc. Its a mongrel to get around to boot back to a stable environment. I am on17.12.1 drivers stable 10 days with latest windows updates to afraid to update as no in the mood doing a fresh install of 10 when the bugged drivers mess up my windows install.

I cannot go back to a Crimson driver, that breaks Windows 10 altogether, making it unbootable. The AMD drivers I had installed were the reason why I couldn't update to Creators edition. Is there anything beyond 17.12.2? As far as I know this is the latest version. What about 18.2?

0 Likes
sephethus
Journeyman III

I have updated the original post with more info from event logs.

0 Likes
plumboby
Miniboss

if your having problems 18. drivers will act up worse than your current drivers I have been down this road myself why still on 17.12.1 drivers atm. I am on a older AOC monitor plugged in threw display port any more recent drivers bricks my display port. Just going off whats happened to me. Do u use CC cleaner do a registry clean before installing newer drivers does work. I not updating my drivers till I know the next release are stable for 560 series cards or older & newer gen cards like ours.

How do I roll back to the previous version 17.12.1? Windows doesn't let me roll back and unlike previous older versions of Windows I can't just uninstall the driver and deal with the bad graphics while I install a new one. It just doesn't actually ever uninstall at all. The registry cleaner is pretty useless in this case.

0 Likes

Nevermind I just realized it won't let me install the previous version without rolling back to Windows Crimson. This is an infuriating, exasperating catch 22.

0 Likes
sephethus
Journeyman III

I guess AMD doesn't pay attention to the posted issues on the message boards? Why bother with them then?

0 Likes

No they don't...and they tell you so. Only users here...no engineers.

AMD Support Forums - Rules & Regulations & Terms of Membership

OFFICIAL TERMS OF USE

This is a user to user English language only Support Forum. Information or opinions contained in any posts are those solely of the user making the post and are in no way validated by, or the opinions of, AMD, including our moderators. Use of any information on this board is done so AT YOUR OWN RISK and all information is provided "AS IS" and without any warranty, express or implied. While we may at time respond to posts, AMD makes no warranties or claims regarding the validity of any information posted by users on this board.

If you want to contact AMD support, use the forms intended for that.

AMD Issue Reporting Form

or

0 Likes
plumboby
Miniboss

they do check the forums. Make sure your coonectors to your videocard are pushed in hard & firm as a thing i found with my connector which fixed an issue. Something i found with testing a r7360 & my rx560. Drivers are stable atm make sure your system is upto date & no errors in your OS install which can throw bugs

0 Likes