cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Windows 10 / AMD Adrenalin / Installing display driver causes freezes, any ideas?

I've been having the same issue for almost a week. 

I have a Ryzen 7 2700x & the RX VEGA 64 on a Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4 motherboard. 

My computer randomly had an atikmdag error one day and I had to re-install windows from a USB because the system couldn't boot or restore properly. 

Afterwards I re-installed Win10 and updated everything, then installed the latest chipsets and drivers for my CPU / GPU

The chipsets installed fine but no matter what order or fashion I download any recent versions of the graphics driver (AMD Adrenalin), my computer always ends up freezing or hanging either during or after the install. 

I've cleaned everything with DDU while in safe mode, then restart and re-installed everything but it still doesn't work.

I've re-installed Win10 on two separate drives and both have the same exact issue. 

I've updated the BIOS and even changed certain settings in the BIOS. I thought I was on to something, but no matter what settings I change it always ends up freezing because of some issue I can't figure out.

I doubt the hardware has died, since a lot of people are having a similar issue. 

If anybody has any clue as to what is going on I'd be really happy to hear from you. 

0 Likes
0 Replies