cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

thinesh2019
Adept I

Windows 10 (1903) Update Installation has failed

Windows 10 (1903) latest major feature update installation has failed..

system details:

• HP 15-af103AX Laptop
  • AMD Accelerated Processor A8-7410
  • AMD Radeon R5 M330 Graphics
  • Windows 10 Home Single Lanuguage v1809 OS Build 17763.529
  • Radeon Crimson ReLive 17.4.4 / Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.5.2 (Also tried this version)
  • RAM 8GB
0 Likes
10 Replies

Are you asking why the Win10 1903 update failed?

0 Likes

Yes..Win 10 1903 update has failed..I am asking how to resolve the issue..

https://www.tenforums.com/ may be able to help with that. 

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
patricklibuda
Adept II

had that problem with 1809 (always with the same error code message) - regardless of whether I did the update via Windows Update or an ISO DVD (Microsoft's media creation tool)

the 1903 update from DVD worked fine very much to my pleasant surprise

in case you do not have any DVD drive try the Microsoft tool and then either select USB stick or perform update via the Internet (otherwise you might like to get a USB DVD drive and try your luck)

I hope that you have more luck with 1903 than I had with 1809 :-)

0 Likes
pcguy25
Adept I

Do yourself a favor and don't upgrade to 1903 if you have AMD APU. Some of us upgraded just to find out that none of the drivers work in that version. While you can normally install it, it's stuck at black screen after restart and you cannot do anything other than System Restore. Stay on 1809 until proper drivers are released.

0 Likes

I absolutely have to correct you on this. You don't have to do a system restore. Boot into safe mode and uninstall the drivers (delete them also) in device manager. Then boot back into normal mode, run amdcleanuputility-x64.exe or DDU and reinstall whatever drivers worked for you before you attempted 19.5.2.

0 Likes

Yeah, but to enter Safe Mode I have to interrupt boot a few times. I have bootable USB always by my side; it's easier for me to just restart and boot from it and restore system either by using System Restore or System Image Backup.

0 Likes

Not to beat a dead horse here but honestly a system image restore would take longer than would be practical. Look if it works for you that's fine but there really isn't a need to lead people down that path when it's completely unnecessary.

0 Likes

And just while we're discussing the unbelievable windows crap, on my main computer: On 1809:

L4D2 wouldn't start,

None of the counter strike games would start

Seems like all HL2 based games failed to start. I believe a directx error

MSI command centre wouldn't start

Asus wireless headset "sonic studio' wouldn't start,

there's probably more that I didn't get around to trying.

Finally resorted to wiping it out and reinstalling 1803. What a PAIN!

If you do have problems when you get it installed, remember you only have 10 days to revert and then the chance is gone.

I made the mistake of trying to research all the problems looking for solutions and time ran out and never did find fixes.

OK, OK, I can't totally blame Windows as one of my buddies with a similar computer didn't have the HL2/Valve issues, so I dunno what to think other than 1803 is just perfect.

I'm really hesitant to try the 1903 considering how bad 1809 was.

ASUS TUF X570 wifi, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, ASRock 6700XT Challenger, Antec Truepower new 700w. 32GB
0 Likes
thinesh2019
Adept I

The real problem is AMD latest display driver not compatible with windows 10 1903.. So Update failed..