cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

av_hardware
Journeyman III

window hangs when xconnect launches

I have lenovo thinkpad p73 with rtx 3000 card.  I am trying to use an egpu with a wx7100 on it.  When I connect the egpu, windows 10 (1903) would hang when xconnect starts to load. Egpu enclosure is Razer Core X.

I have verified it is not due to internal rtx card (uninstalled the driver and disabled the device).  

I have updated driver and firmware for thunderbolt.

I verified that it's not the enclosure by placing another nvidia card on it and that works fine.

I have tried using radeon pro software june 24 download.  And I use the one prior to this release.

Help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
2 Replies

Do you power up the Razer Core X first and then plug in Thunderbolt 3 connection?

That happens if you connect an external monitor to the GPU in the Razer Core X?

What warning do you get?
Can you change the Thunderbolt settings so that it requires approval for any devices you plug in or what options have you set in laptop BIOS for Thunderbolt Security?

I have a Razer Core X with an XFX R9 Fury in it at present.

I mostly use it connected to a Thunderbolt EX 3 card on an Z97 Intel motherboard on a old i7-4790k based PC.
XConnect behaved badly last time I tried Adrenalin 2020. I remember getting freeze, TDR errors, etc.

Try Adrenalin 19.12.1 Gaming Drivers first, and see if XConnect works with that. 

0 Likes
av_hardware
Journeyman III

Do you power up the Razer Core X first and then plug in Thunderbolt 3 connection?

I have done both.  Powered up the gpu and then boot up the laptop and logged in (it would hang after logging in).  I also tried powering up the egpu after login.

What warning do you get?

No warning.  It just hangs after you get the xconnect message that it's running

Can you change the Thunderbolt settings so that it requires approval for any devices you plug in or what options have you set in laptop BIOS for Thunderbolt Security?

I have tried that as well and it did not change any results

0 Likes