cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

wim-bart
Adept III

Re: Window 10 20H1(2004) + AMD 20.5.1 software + GPU latest bios completely fix black screen/blue screen/screen freeze issue.

I solved this. I had the same, even telling me that Windows is Blocked from acessing  hardware. The way i solved was very simple.

1. Downloaded 20.4.2 (Also 20.5.1 works);
  2. Ran the installer, at the installer i selected Under Extra Options "Restore factory settings"
  3. Then let the setup go. until it asked reboot
  4. After reboot i logged in and let the installer continue
  5. After that i rebooted again

Important is "Factory default/Reset" during setup.

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

Re: Window 10 20H1(2004) + AMD 20.5.1 software + GPU latest bios completely fix black screen/blue screen/screen freeze issue.

20.5.1 is very stable

0 Likes
mikelp
Adept I

I made factory/default reset and DDU in safe mode as well. It doesn't work on Vega cards and on Radeon VII as well 

0 Likes
rock32
Adept II

Yes, I did it. 20.5.1 But unfortunately, All those issues came back again.
I tried with very older Radeon version 18.12.3. It's much better, the black screen hasn't occurred.

But some new games require the lastest GPU driver, so I can't play.

0 Likes
wim-bart
Adept III

No, DDU is not the way. If you did DDU then it does not work. 

If you done DDU. Reinstall drivers. Reboot, and then Reinstall drivers with "factory default". 

DDU does more harm then good.

I was having same problem, and always used DDU. But actually, Factory Default installation, combined with "forget game settings" without running DDU first did the trick. 

goosethesecond
Adept III

I, myself have finally installed the full 2020 Adrenalin 20.5.1 software and can confirm zero issues so far. What I was doing before was that I was on the 19.12.1 GUI but was installing the new drivers on their own using Windows Device Manager. This method gave me the stability of the 2019 version but using the latest driver file itself. Most of the 2020 crashes are for some reason related with the entirety of the new software itself and not the driver in most cases.

I am on a Ryzen 5 3600 with an ASRock Pro4M X570, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB RAM (RGB version, 2x8), and an XFX 5700. I also want to point out that I am on latest Windows 10 version 2004 with ALL the latest updates and drivers possible for my setup.

hardcoregames_
Big Boss

wim-bart wrote:

No, DDU is not the way. If you did DDU then it does not work. 

If you done DDU. Reinstall drivers. Reboot, and then Reinstall drivers with "factory default". 

DDU does more harm then good.

I was having same problem, and always used DDU. But actually, Factory Default installation, combined with "forget game settings" without running DDU first did the trick. 

If DDU is not helping then more likely windows is more corrupted. I backup my box regularly so in the even I need to install it fresh it is not a problem.

0 Likes
scorpioss
Journeyman III

Monster Hunter World Iceborne recurring black screen.  Radeon - never again!

Ryzen 3600

ADATA Spectrix D60G RGB DDR4 3600

Gigabyte Aorus X570 Pro

Gigabyte GV-R56XTGAMING OC-6GD

Adrenalin 20.5.1 

christiang
Adept III

Window 10 20H1 (2004) + AMD 20.5.1 software + pulse 5700 = BLACK SCREENS/SCREEN FREEZE/ REBOOT

nattanfrey
Adept I

I do not use adrenaline software 20.5.1, but I use drivers, and those that come with it. On the version of Windows 2004 with undervolting, so far everything works. Black screens only in PES 2020 Lite

0 Likes