cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mickeekung
Challenger

Window 10 20H1(2004) + AMD 20.5.1 software + GPU latest bios completely fix black screen/blue screen/screen freeze issue.

I've been suffering with black screen/screen freeze/blue screen TDR FAILURE for more than 4-5 months and finally AMD can made it fix. Now more than 5 days none of these issues happen to me. With 5-6 FPS increase in every game.

Thanks AMD 

GPU : ASUS ROG 5600XT

49 Replies

That is a difficult one to answer. One suggestion is to disable the HD 3000 and force the Radeon to run all the time.

If that fails swap for for the HD 3000

0 Likes

I've tried that already. Following disabling Intel HD4000, windows loads a VGA generic driver, like the one used in Safe Mode and, if I try to enable AMD, the system freezes. But, I will give it another try... you never knows...   

0 Likes

Wait...do you have the Intel 3000 or 4000?

0 Likes

Please start your own thread...a laptop has nothing in common with this post. Except to confuse it.

4000. Please tell me this could be the problem!

0 Likes

OK. Done as suggested. I've created a new topic, though the problem seems to be very similar, despite being on a laptop...

0 Likes

totally different

0 Likes
turmoil23
Journeyman III

I have an MSI R7 370 Armor x2 2gb, i experienced the same thing after playing a not really demanding game

first i thought it was the hard drive, i had winload.exe error, then bcd was missing

Eventually i figured it was the video card, installing adrenaline or the suggested driver for my card caused black screeen during or after installation.

Installing this new Enterprise drivers caused heavy shadows

Tried the card on my office pc, same thing

here at the office (where the card is now stored) i have:

i5-8500 - 16Gb - m2 ssd 250gb WD - Z370 HD3 mother board and Windows 10 20H2

Can anyone give me some clues? cause videocards are extra expensive where i live (even more than the US and the current mining situation)

THANKS!

0 Likes

Clean reinstall of win10 2004 on new drive

While installing 20.5.1 and factory reset, i get black screen at 60% install of drivers.

Should i get older driver?

0 Likes
vahidfotohi
Journeyman III

hi
Do you think it works for r9 380x?

0 Likes