Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

panyamin
Adept I

Win 10 transparency and effects not working since 2022 drivers release

Hello,

I would like to report an issue with the 2022 drivers releases : the transparency & blurry effects of taskbar and start menu are not working anymore

Downgrading to driver 21.12.1 restore the effects.

I do not understand why this issue occurs with the latest versions

Note that I tried to completely uninstall drivers (with DDU) and does not restore effects as well..

I reported the issue with the bug report feature on AMD Software

32 Replies
nschwender
Adept II

Hi, I have the same problem with Windows 10 and RX5700. Since 22.1.1 drivers the transparency effects are broken.

I'm seeing the same issue with 22.2.1

Tried doing a clean install of them and Windows 10 transparency effects always break once these drivers are in.

Windows transparency effects start working again after downgrading to 21.10.2 (WHQL).

panyamin
Adept I

I would like to add something regarding the issue: it seems random and related to the "night shift" feature of Win10.. it's like the colors shifting affects somehow..

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Thank you for your posts.

We are currently investigating the issue and I will update you once I have more information.

This issue should now be resolved in 22.3.1.

Please download the driver from the release notes. https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-22-3-1

Whilst running the installer, please perform a Factory Reset and restart your system before checking to see if the issue is resolved for you.

0 Likes

No it's not resolved.. Every single 2022 driver has broken acrylic blur on Windows 10. Factory reset will not solve it. I have reference card RX 6700 XT from MSI and it's broken. Last one properly working was 21.12.1. Pathetic..

Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Understood, thanks for the feedback. I'll ensure we take another look at this one. 

Adding that I'm still seeing it in 22.3.1 as well.

But, for what it's worth, the "Known Issues" in the release notes does still say it continues to be a problem. Which is why I didn't come back to report it still being broken, because I figured it was known.
Unknown_Zombie_0-1647814500236.png

I would like to see it fixed, though.

0 Likes

Hello,

As author of the first post, I confirm the issue is still there

Do you need more information from us? If anything can help you to investigate on this issue, we would be glad to help!

0 Likes

We've updated the release notes to confirm the issue still exists. I'll update the thread when I have more information to share.

Maybe it's worth noting that Windows 11 does not suffer from this issue. But W11 has new DWM and transparency blur is propably handled differently in that OS. 

Windows 10 has basic transparency + on top is acryrilic blur (fluent design) what is not working in all 2022 drivers so far.

0 Likes

I don't normally use it, but just tried and its working for me.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

I want to add something to the issue. it seems that it only happens ( to me at least) after I restart my computer. when I turn it on for the first time, or restart it manually (shut down and turn on again) the problem does not happen. 

This actually worked for me, thank you so much. It works mostly, but not completely, i.e. the windows startmenu is still broken.

I'm stuck running driver version 21.11.2 because of this issue, i even reinstalled windows because i thought it was a problem on my side. But to no effect. 

AMD, please fix this. This is going on a long time now. I'm using a RX 5700 XT. It's not that old, please show some support. 

Tried doing a clean install of them and Windows 10 transparency effects always break once these drivers are in.

0 Likes

What is going on! I demand a fix. This has been going on since the beginning of 2022 and still no answer and this is 5 months in. Wow. I have been an AMD guy since the old Athlon Days. Wow.

0 Likes

aero worked again for me in 22.3.1 since it was broken

i have upgraded from 22.3.1 to 22.5.1 and it BROKE aero effect.... again... so please change from "fixed" to "known issue"

please find a final fix for everyone

thanks

working on W10 21H2 with all updates

AMD 3700x with 5700XT

0 Likes
Ch4sin
Adept I

Any news on the matter? Its still not working for me

0 Likes

Hello,

AMD is aware of this issue, we just have to wait..!

On my side, the issue was gone after some soft reboots and/or days, but reappear on installing new drivers version, or after hard reboot at random times (when windows update needs computer hard reboot for example)

0 Likes

Hello, the problem is still present with 22.3.1 drivers. Unbelievable.

0 Likes
renankaic
Journeyman III

Hello!

I have a RX 6600 from Sapphire Pulse and I can confirm that I'm having the same Aero issues in Windows 10 with 22.3.1 driver version.

0 Likes
1nfern0
Journeyman III

same thing is happening to me

0 Likes

You need to include whether your using Insider or RTM builds, because every driver is working fine for me (on RTM).

Or perhaps you need to include every windows 10 setting you have that is supposedly causing the issue.

Maybe 3rd party menu app/or tweaks ?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

I upgraded from Radeon Software 21.10.2 to 22.3.1 

PC: HP-15 2019 edition: Windows 10 21H1
12 GB RAM
AMD Ryzen 3 2200U Processor
1 TB HDD
No 3rd party software except Winaero Tweaker, which I checked twice and didn't have any option related to my issue.

The drivers and software till 21.10.2 worked extremely well and didn't cause issues, but after I upgraded to 22.3.1, all the transparency effects were gone (lock screen, taskbar, etc)

I checked settings, the transparency effects option is toggled on.

0 Likes

And there may lay the problem, a tweaker.

I'm asking about any issue with standard settings/options.

As far as i know, the drivers are for vanilla OS/and available changes within (of which i have many reg. changes/mods).

When you add 3rd party start apps/tweakers, then really its on them for compatibility.

0 Likes

do you know of a way to install the older version of the software? I preformed a system reboot not so long ago and I dont know how to install the older 21 versions.

0 Likes

The issue is fixed on the new version of 22.5.1 !!! 

Thank you!

panyamin
Adept I

Hello,

For me, since 22.5.1 issue seems fixed, I do not reproduce the issue. If you (AMD) have successfully and fixed the issue, thank you!

This has been fixed for me since 22.5.1

0 Likes

I'm on a Windows 10 21H1 laptop with both AMD and NVIDIA graphics (1660 Ti and Rx Vega 10) and it's still not working

0 Likes

The problem is not solved for me, i've tried everything from driver uninstaller to reset to the factory defaults and nothing is working.

I' am on 22.7.1 and im using a vega 56 with the latest windows 10 build.

If i go to an older driver version like 2020-22.1.1 seems to be working fine, unfortunately i cannot do that because davinci resolve wont work with older driver versions so im stuck with the latest buggy drivers...

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
TheDarkgg
Adept I

Always the same bug on 23.5.2 (2023)…

A fix is possible?

EDIT: It was a bug Windows, I reset "performance/design" Windows 10.

0 Likes