cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jaxlikeslasers2
Journeyman III

[Win 10] Graphics card driver not compatible after newest update from 18.5.x

I have a RX 570 and after updating the Radeon software and driver via the Radeon software. I have since followed all the relevant instruction I have found online that addresses the error message "No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly." I have used both DDU (in safe mode) and the AMD cleanup utility and reinstalling the software/driver from amd.com multiple time but the problem still persist. I have tried disabling the Windows Update and using Windows Update exclusively for the graphics card driver. Nothing worked. I have also followed these pinned instructions at this forum. But nothing worked either. Desperately I reset my computer (without removing the files) and it did not work. I have emailed the AMD support team and they were helpful (shout out to Tarun) and replied to my messages, but the instructions were similar to the ones I found online and it did not work either.

When I looked into the software installation files, I tried to install the drivers directly. But it did not work either. I received the following error. I have no idea how to proceed from here. There are no solutions I can find online so far either. This doesn't quite make sense to me because I have a 64-bit system and this is indeed for 64 bit systems. Perhaps it is other parameters that are incompatible? I am unsure.pastedImage_0.png

I am quite sad because it seemed like everything fell apart after I clicked the update button. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. Sorry if this is indeed a duplicate question.

0 Likes
1 Reply
jcanose
Journeyman III

I just came across this issue also.

I've done everything in thread https://community.amd.com/thread/213154  and even went as far as formatting my SSD but am still having no luck.

0 Likes