cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

reiner
Adept I

Win 10 April Update/W7100/Driver 18.Q2/Photoshop weird colors

After opening a picture in Photoshop CC (19.1.4) menu bars turn to red/pink (see attachement), picture itself is not changed. If I disable GPU support in Photoshop, all OK.

0 Likes
12 Replies

First you need to post more information about your computer setup as per AMD Forum rules: INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION .

Just for troubleshooting purposes and nothing else, go to Windows 10 (if that is the OS installed) Settings - Personalization - Colors. and while you have Photoshop open start changings some of the settings for Color and watch to see if it has any effects on the programs bars. I know this effects the colors on the Windows bars which is why I am mentioning it.

Also look to see if Photoshop has any new updates since the new Windows version came out.

I found out that you can change the Menu Color in Photoshop like you can in Windows.

This link may be old but still may be valid since your newer version probably has something similar: How to Customize Menus in Photoshop CS6 - dummies

This thread from Adobe Forum is more of what you are having problems with. Deals mainly with Windows Color: The color of the menu bar | Adobe Community

Thanks and sorry for not adding the entire computer setup:

FirePro W7100

Custom build Desktop (2 years in use now)

Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 1803 Build 17134.48

Radeon Software Version 18.Q2

Driver Packaging Version 18.10.01.11-180426a-328171C-RadeonProEnterprise

Eizo CX271 2560 x 1440, 23.75-63 Hz, Display Port-Display Port

ASUS TUF Sabertooth Z170 Mark 1 Bios Version 1302

i7-6700K@4.6GHz

Seasonic Platinum 660W

32GB RAM

Photoshop is the latest version provided on Monday this week.

I tried with the personalization without any effect which is no surprise for me. Photoshop is correct without a picture loaded and when GPU is disabled. The mess starts after loading a picture with GPU enabled.

The customizing in the menus does not impact colors and Lightroom is working fine.

0 Likes

by your statement it seems to be either a Windows Update or AMD Driver problem or both.

Have you tried to install a previous AMD Driver and see if the older driver fixes the problem?  Here is the link for Previous AMD Driver for Professional AMD GPU Card from the Driver Download page for your GPU card: https://support.amd.com/en-us/download/workstation/previous?os=Windows%2010%20-%2064 .

I would highly suggest to open a AMD SUPPORT EMAIL Ticket and see what they suggest. here is the link for the Email Support: Email Form .

Also I would post your question at Adobe Forums since it happened with one user in the past as per my previous link. Maybe you can open a Support Ticket with Adobe and see if this is related due to Adobe being incompatible with the new version of Windows or a bug in the software or it could be AMD driver itself.

Not sure where the problem lies but knowing that LR works, and I know that LR uses the default windows coloring for it's title bars and such like most apps do. Photoshop uses it's own custom coloring. You say it goes haywire when you load a picture makes me think it probably is a conflict messing with the driver. No telling if that means it is really a driver issue or just a change in Windows not playing with Adobe since they don't use the default Windows schemes. I will check this out on my PC tonight to see if I can recreate this problem with my RX 580 or not. I will let you know if it does.

Okay so I opened many picture types and no issues. Maybe something in the pro drivers that isn't an issue in the regular drivers? If you have a newer driver available you could try that?

Downgraded to 18.Q1.1 with Driver Packaging Version 17.50.25.02-180302a-326011C and the weird menu colors are gone. I opened a AMD support ticket, if/when there is something new I will post the result here.

Thanks for your support.

Reiner

0 Likes

Good to know if I see it in a future update I will know what is up already. Thanks for the share!

0 Likes
oka
Journeyman III

I have exactly same problem with Windows 10 1803, Vega FE and latest drivers 18.Q2.1 when running 10bit pixel format enabled.

Apologies that I liked your post, but it is good to know that I am not alone. I am also using 10bit, will try whether the problem disappears with 10bit disabled.

I have now a ticket open at AMD tech support (link above), maybe you can also open with reference to this thread. Not quite sure if I can/should post the ticket number here.

First directions I received was upgrading the BIOS to the newest version and using an AMD driver cleanup software and install the latest AMD driver afterwards. The latter I did with no change in Photoshop. Upgrading the BIOS is a bigger challenge for me because I have to understand the BIOS update process, document all BIOS settings and doing a proper backup of my system. Something for a rainy weekend - which is not in sight luckily.

0 Likes
oka
Journeyman III

Today there is new Adrenaline drivers where this problem is fixed.

0 Likes

Did an upgrade to 18.5.1 with Driver Packaging Version 17.50.25.07-180523a-329206E-RadeonProEnterprise and the weird colors are gone.

But now another effect: when scrolling through a menu the mouse-over changes to an orange background which was blue before. Can live with that, better than doing a BIOS upgrade which most likely will change nothing.

0 Likes