cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

dragonborn
Journeyman III

Will you answer nvidia dlss 2.0?

It has recently announced nvidia dlss 2.0 technology. Is there a technology like radeon image sharpening 2.0 being developed? When will we see, if any?

Tags (2)
0 Likes
19 Replies
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

Re: Will you answer nvidia dlss 2.0?

AMD has been more focused on what the Xbox and PS designs call for. nVidia can do what they want with gimmicks. 

RDNA2 cards are expected to support DX12's latest ultimate refinements. That includes support for ray tracing shaders etc.

0 Likes
demonhd
Adept II

I really wanna see that on AMD side too. But I don't think Image Sharpening has anything to do with DLSS 2.0. Because NVIDIA has Image Sharpening as well. And you can pretty tell that by comparing them each other. Image Sharpening only makes the image clearer by sharpening it. And while it's noticeable it doesn't make much difference as DLSS 2.0 do. The difference on DLSS 2.0 against non DLSS 2.0 is huge. It also increases FPS by like 100%. I wonder what it looks like to enable both DLSS 2.0 and VRS on games. 8K resolution is near! It's 200% performance boost!

0 Likes
demonhd
Adept II

But it's missing DLSS 2.0. And it doesn't look like a gimmick.

Also screw XBox and PS. We need graphics techs for the PC!

hardcoregames_
Big Boss

Re:  Will you answer nvidia dlss 2.0?

demonhd wrote:

But it's missing DLSS 2.0. And it doesn't look like a gimmick.

Look for DX12 Ultimate for video cards later on towards the fall. Those will support the new refinements in DX.

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

demonhd wrote:

I really wanna see that on AMD side too. But I don't think Image Sharpening has anything to do with DLSS 2.0. Because NVIDIA has Image Sharpening as well. And you can pretty tell that by comparing them each other. Image Sharpening only makes the image clearer by sharpening it. And while it's noticeable it doesn't make much difference as DLSS 2.0 do. The difference on DLSS 2.0 against non DLSS 2.0 is huge. It also increases FPS by like 100%. I wonder what it looks like to enable both DLSS 2.0 and VRS on games. 8K resolution is near! It's 200% performance boost!

Gaming at 8K will require a lot more TFLOPS from video cards. Lots more.

0 Likes
demonhd
Adept II

DLSS 2.0 has nothing to do with DX. It's an NVIDIA tech.

0 Likes
demonhd
Adept II

Nope. You can game at 8K 60 FPS with SLI right now. And imagine when you get 200% performance boost. Then a single GPU will be enough for it. Todays GPUs are ready to game at 8K with those techs. Plus you can get 40 FPS with a 2080S at 8K with VRS. lol.

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

Re:  Will you answer nvidia dlss 2.0?

Need DisplayPort 2.0 for 8K60 gaming

0 Likes
demonhd
Adept II

It's irrelevant. Also we have Thunderbolt 3.0 right now if developers use it. But it's still irrelevant.

0 Likes