cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Highlighted
Adept III
Adept III

Will the Adrenaline 2021 drivers finally fix the driver issues with Windows 7?

Seeing how the RX 6000 series will be coming out soon, I think it'd be a great idea if AMD will fix the Navi (RX 5000 series) driver issues on Windows 7, like the random freeze soon after logging in, stuff randomly getting laggy, laggy transitions in and out of a UAC prompt, Ctrl + Alt + Del, logging in, etc, before the new cards launch. The new cards are a variation of Navi, so they will likely experience these issues too, unless fixed.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Highlighted
Adept III
Adept III

Re: Will the Adrenaline 2021 drivers finally fix the driver issues with Windows 7?

i gave up on drivers i believe it is a architecture issue IMHO.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Re: Will the Adrenaline 2021 drivers finally fix the driver issues with Windows 7?

Honestly not going to happen, and if you even mention ESU patches for the OS, as you keep screaming about on reddit, I'm gonna laugh so hard I'll bust a blood vein. 

Windows 7 for home users not Enterprise is EOL. And no longer supported by Microsoft, and most Game Engines and software do not even support the OS anymore. 

Face it, Windows 7 is DEAD, and I highly doubt AMD will support it past the 5000 Series. I'm surprised honestly they allowed the Ryzen platform to even work on Windows 7, considering they knew it was coming to an end.

Highlighted
Adept III
Adept III

> and if you even mention ESU patches for the OS, as you keep screaming about on reddit, I'm gonna laugh so hard I'll bust a blood vein.

One, ESU patches are actually something that can be used

Two, I'm not the one screaming about them on Reddit, I'm the one that proved that Windows 7 updated to 2016-09 is still safe.

> Windows 7 for home users not Enterprise is EOL. And no longer supported by Microsoft, and most Game Engines and software do not even support the OS anymore. 

One, EOS != EOL

Two, plenty of things are no longer supported by their creators, does it mean their bad? No.

Three, most game engines and software support the OS, and for the software that doesn't, which I maintain a list of over at MSFN, about 78% of "unsupported software" works either by default or after a simple modification or two.

> Face it, Windows 7 is DEAD, and I highly doubt AMD will support it past the 5000 Series. I'm surprised honestly they allowed the Ryzen platform to even work on Windows 7, considering they knew it was coming to an end.

One, Windows 7 is not dead, hell, even XP is alive, considering millions of people still use it to this day

Two, Ryzen 1000 came out when Vista was still supported, and most of the drivers work on Vista without modification (They kinda borked Vista compatibility with an AGESA update, but that's another topic for another time)

Three, I'd be alright if AMD does a Nvidia and updates the drivers, but leaves the higher end 6000 GPUs unsupported. As long as the issues are fixed, I'd be alright with it

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept III
Adept III

20.11.1 drivers were released, also 20.Q4 drivers were released too.

20.11.1 hasn't fixed any of the issues. Still waiting for a Windows 7 20.Qx.x release since 20.Q2

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Don't buy AMD gpus to work with old games or old hardware/software. Their driver team can't keep up with recent bugs, and you think they will have time for some old hardware/software combinations that 1% of people use? It's extremely low priority and will probably never be done. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

If the card is COMPATIBLE with Windows 7 (what state AMD), it doesn't matter how many people use the system (anyway, I do not want to believe that 98-99% users of Radeon use Win 10). It is their responsibility to fix the problems with gpus on Windows 7.
Highlighted

Nowhere in your purchase agreement says they have to do that lol. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept III
Adept III

20.11.2 released today, and it fixed the UAC lag, and supports the 6800XT on Windows 7.

I see this as a massive win.

Will have to do more testing to see if graphically accelerated content gets laggy randomly, but so far so good.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept III
Adept III

@asdf23451 wrote:

Will have to do more testing to see if graphically accelerated content gets laggy randomly, but so far so good.

Hmm, it seems I have random lags often, but I jumped from 20.2.1 to 20.11.2, so it might have something to do with that.

0 Kudos