Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jd_212
Adept I

Why was support for "Radeon RX Vega M GH Graphics" removed on 26.20.15029.27016

"Radeon RX Vega M GH Graphics"

is no longer added/supported in the current driver version 26.20.15029.27016 for windows 10?

why not?

hades canyon nuc and other mobile platform have it..

34 Replies

Is this a new laptop for you? AMD does not provide. and never has, support for these graphics. You must get them from Intel.

Download Radeon™ RX Vega M Graphics 

I don't think you know what you are talking about... since 19.1 all the driver support was via the most recent adrenaline drivers --- per Intel instruction on there site...that was February of 2019.

Intel stopped supporting it at 18.22 .....  Adrenaline 20.4.1 was its last working support for the RX Vega M Graphics IGUs

Thanks for trying to help me but I don't think you know much, I can use google too !!! see :

AMD Delivers Intel's Kaby Lake G Driver Update Stuck In Limbo For 14 Months 

0 Likes

You should contact Intel for what/which version of AMD drivers should be installed.

I did contact AMD; but I was looking to see if I missed something in the release notes in Adrenaline 20.4.2

0 Likes

Since you want to repost..I will too. The above link you shared is suspect. As far as I know...and that's more than you...AMD has not announced any support for the M GH graphics. Many people would like to see it in writing from AMD....which would be good.

As mentioned above, the best bet is to contact Intel and ask them which AMD driver version to install....I have seen different answers to that.

0 Likes
paulpjred
Journeyman III

20.4.2 won't install on Hades, 20.2.2 does.

Adrenaline 20.4.1 is the last working driver paulpjred ; but my question is why!!!! What happened to future support of this chip.

yes , why? 

why a 2018 graphic chip doesnt have drivers update and don't support wddm 2.7 by official?

can't understood???

lj3712
Journeyman III

Confirming same issue with 20.4.2 WHQL drivers on a Vega M GL laptop (2018 HP Spectre x360). Error 182 when trying to upgrade from the last WHQL release (20.2.2). Comparing the INF and XML files in the driver distributions, Vega M support (any variant) seems to have been removed. 

Was this intentional or a mistake?

Make sure you update the Intel driver (from Intel support) first....before installing the AMD driver.

Drivers & Software 

0 Likes

Kingfish why are you replying, what are you saying?

Do you know how drivers work in windows ?

the driver (.inf file ) that references the hardware ID to support the GPU in the current driver is gone. Support for the RX Vega M was removed on the beta driver, which means it will not be in the next alpha or normal WHQL driver.

Attempting to install it last or first will fail regardless because 20.4.2 removed support.

0 Likes

A possible explanation to why it is gone may be that AMD only added this support in a limited way in an earlier driver since Intel abandoned the product. 

AMD has a history of having several forks of their drivers. It may be that they switched forks and an unintentional result is that branch did not have support. 

I would ask that specific question to AMD and ask them to check if the current drivers should still support your product and if not why? I would also ask Intel why they are not supporting THEIR product. 

Contact AMD support here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

0 Likes
snapilica2003
Journeyman III

Also came here looking for this. Now that Windows 10 v2004 has launched with WDDM 2.7, there is no way to get the latest drivers for my video card.

As multiple websites reported Intel is now sending Vega M GH/GL owners directly to AMD for driver updates:

Download Radeon™ RX Vega M Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 64-bit for NUC8i7HNK, NUC8i7HVK 

The above link is directly from Intel, saying that we need to download the driver from AMD website. 

You can't possibly drop support for a card that has been released for less than 2 years now... 

It would be nice to know the reason. By all means do ASK AMD, we are all users like you in this USER TO USER forum. So you can ask AMD here:https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form   Also it may be possible a moderator may know. Any idea on this amdmatt

This was a very uniques niche product to begin with. Being that it was integrated by INTEL not AMD. It is on Intel to offer the support so also ask Intel about this stopping support. 

This is the really bad thing in general with laptops. Support stops short of what the customer expects from their purchase and I agree that is really bad. 

This is really not any different than the Apple computers that ship with AMD GPU, those drivers are all supported by Apple not AMD. 

I absolutely get everyone's frustration. Do contact the appropriate support departments and if you get an answer please relay it back here. 

0 Likes
deerod
Journeyman III

Same card as OP. Every Adrenaline 20.xx driver fails to install citing error 173 (no AMD graphics hardware detected). What is the latest working driver? 19.12.xx causes Origin to crash on launch, among other problems.

The latest working driver for me is actually the one that Intel put on a specific page for M GH that doesn't redirect to AMD's latest softare: Downloads for Radeon™ RX Vega M GH Graphics, which is the same as Adrenalin 18.12.2 directly from AMD site except the Intel version didn't have AMD link server?! That version solved the problems I've had when I installed Adrenalin 20.2.2 from AMD. I guess some similar but not really compatible driver was installed with 20.2.2

I can find the .inf files from the 18.12.2. Does anyone here know if you can install Adrenalin 20.2.2 software but use the .inf drivers from 18.12.2? This is because AMD Link seems to need the latest Adrenalin software to connect.

lj3712
Journeyman III

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-pulls-driver-support-for-intel-kaby-lake-g

Hmm. So Intel doesn't want to support it further, presumably because of Xe, and AMD doesn't want to support it further because not enough money. Lovely.

For anyone wondering, 20.4.1 *does* work, but I haven't tried it with the Windows 10 May 2020 update yet. I guess there's no time like the present.

EDIT: Yes, 20.4.1 works with the May 2020 update. Now, the question for the later drivers is -- have the INF files simply been redacted, or do they actually not have support anymore??

(I used the term 'redacted' for a reason -- we're probably not going to get a straight answer from *anyone* on that.)

deerod
Journeyman III

Frustrating news on the AMD driver support dump, if that's official. Keep us posted. 

I did the AMD driver wipe, and followed fredwck‌'s lead and first installed Intel's 18.12.2 before installing 20.2.1. So far, all subsequent versions will not install for me. 

Origin appears to be working now (it would not launch on 19.12.xx). Red Dead Redemption 2 will not launch. I've exhausted all of the forum solutions there, so I suspect it is driver related. I've yet to install Win10 v1909. I'll report back after doing so. 

0 Likes
jd_212
Adept I

So before I posted on here I added the driver back on the current .inf file; the problem is that the driver modification triggers an is not signed warning and doesn’t install. 

so yes both the type and the class of support for the GPU was removed/redacted from the driver.

0 Likes
spideyman
Adept I

If you want to modify the INF and install and unsigned driver then you will need to boot Windows 10 with driver signature enforcement disabled. Simply modifying the INF file of the current drivers isn't going to allow Windows 10 to install the driver like you could in Windows 7. Windows 8 (and higher) operating systems have driver signature enforcement enabled. You can read more about disabling driver signature enforcement here: https://www.thewindowsclub.com/disable-driver-signature-enforcement-windows/ 

I was able to get the latest driver working without disabling driver signature enforcement. The only downside to this approach is that it won't update the AMD control panel software in the system tray. But I successfully updated a system running Adrenalin 20.4.1 (the last version with Kaby Lake G support baked in). If you wanted to try it, simply run the AMD Radeon Adrenaline 2020 20.5.1 installer and it will extract all of the files into "C:\AMD\Win10-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-2020-Edition-20.5.1-June10" then go into Device Manager in Windows 10 and select the AMD Radeon RX Vega M and choose Update Driver, Browse my computer for driver software, Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer, Have Disk, and provide the path "C:\AMD\Win10-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-2020-Edition-20.5.1-June10\Packages\Drivers\Display\WT6A_INF". From the list of devices choose the "Radeon RX Vega" and ignore any warnings about the driver not be made for this device. You should now see driver version 27.20.1017.1011. I've run several games including Destiny 2, Call of Duty Modern Warfare, and Fortenite all without an issue. A picture of my system running the 20.5.1 driver is included below.

I'm also running the latest version of the Intel HD Graphics 630 from Intel's web site using a similar process. However once I switched to the 27.20.100.8280 driver from Intel using a similar process of downloading the ZIP version of the Intel HD Graphics 630 and manually selecting the driver in Driver Manager, I was then able to run the regular Intel installer a second time and it ran without issue. 

pastedImage_1.png

Thanks , it works !!! . I can run the Star was - squadron  on my hades canyon, vega M GH graphic card. I updated intel graphic driver first, and installed adrenalin 20.4.1, and then replaced the vega m gh driver with the latest RX Vega driver 20.9.1. 

Glad to hear that 20.9.1 continues to work properly. It would be so much simpler if AMD had simply kept supporting Kaby Lake G based systems. I’m not sure I understand why it was arbitrarily removed.  

msrl
Adept I

Hi everyone.

i had some bugs with NUC8i7HVK, (triple monitor only supported 30hz, no HDR, record with AMD software result green screen etc). i contact Intel's support and they asked me to contact AMD support, i contact AMD's support and they told me to connect Intel's support. i understood that both companies doesn't care about us, the consumers.

so i read a lot about the situation and managed to Hack the latest AMD driver installation version 20.9.2 (sept29.20).

attached a link to my google drive, you may download and install.

The full modified software and driver:
Win10-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-2020-Edition-20.9.2-Sep29.zip - Google Drive 

after successful software installation, you will need to reinstall the driver manually from device manager, choosing "have disk" pointing to: C:\AMD\Win10-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-2020-Edition-20.9.2-Sep29\Packages\Drivers\Display\WT6A_INF\ choosing the first "Radeon RX vega" driver, and choose "install anyway"

or you may (alternative for download the full driver from my google driver):

1. download the original driver from AMD website: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-20-9-2 

2. "try to install it", it will extract the files to C:\AMD\ and will give you an 182 error (It's ok)

3. Download my edited files from here: Win10-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-2020-Edition-20.9.2-Sep29 - OnlyModifiedFiles.zip - Google Drive (only 200kb)

4. extract the zip file (including the folder structure), replace the files from the ZIP file with those in C:\AMD at the same folders.

5. run the software installation successfully 

6. go to device manager, display adapter, radeon vega 

7. double click, update driver, choose "i have disk",  > pointing  to: C:\AMD\Win10-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-2020-Edition-20.9.2-Sep29\Packages\Drivers\Display\WT6A_INF\

8. choose the first "Radeon RX vega"

9. confirm "install anyway"

10. done

now you have the latest AMD driver with a WORKING AMD's software.

Have Fun

and send AMD's support team a complaint about how they treat us. (if many people will do that, maybe they will respond as they should)

Hi,

thanks all for your help concerning Radeon Rx Vega M drivers for Intel NUC.

I think we should join forces to sue Intel rather then finding work around for something which should be officially supported by them.

We all spent lots of money on Intel NUC and now Intel just drops us, this is not normal and people should be aware of that in order to avoid buying Intel expensive PC's.

0 Likes

I do not mean this in any way to infer this is your fault. I have just been burned like this in the past. It is why I never buy niche products as you just can't ever count on the longevity of support. Todays cheap laptop market is just about as bad. 

I didn't expect from a company like Intel such an horrible behavior towards its own customers but now I understand why they are loosing ground.

I really hope NVIDIA + ARM will take over most of their customers so that Intel will eventually collapse and finally will be punished after ages of supremacy and arrogance.

Hi msrl,

could you explain in details your method so that we could use it every time there are new AMD Adrenalin drivers ?

I mean we could modify the Adrenalin bundle as you did so that drivers plus Adrenalin software might work on Intel NUC Radeon Rx M graphic card.

Maybe there is a way to create an automated way (script) in order to modify the Adrenalin software and adapt it to Intel NUC.

Thanks

0 Likes

Hi folks,

I noticed this article from a few days ago saying there is driver update from AMD:

https://www.wepc.com/news/intel-hades-canyon-nuc-graphics-driver-update/

But I'm on the last officially supported version 20.2.2, and there doesn't seem to be any updates available for me. Anyone have any joy with this?

0 Likes

In that article you linked to it even says the link Intel provided goes to an old vega link on the AMD site. I would contact Intel support and ask them how to access this new driver. If they tell you please post the link here too. 

You can also ask AMD support here if AMD is or is going to host this:  https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

I know that @Ray_AMD  often gives us most of the driver info here, maybe he would know or who to contact to find out for you. 

Hi,

what's described in article found at link https://www.wepc.com/news/intel-hades-canyon-nuc-graphics-driver-update/

is fake.

I tried installing AMD driver Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.11.1 (11/6/2020)  but it doesn't work so I used the INF method described in this forum choosing "Radeon RX Vega" GPU but of course you won't get the AMD software installed for the GPU setting or for creating game profiles.

0 Likes

Yeh, its an old article (probably 2109 ?) that has been rehashed with a new date (updated).

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

I get an "Setup has detected an incompatible build.  Setup will now exit" message when attempting to launch the Setup.EXE from the "Win10-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-2020-Edition-20.9.2-Sep29" folder I downloaded from your Google Drive.  I'm in the same boat; bought a Dell XPS 9575 With Vega RX M GL and I'm stuck with this ancient driver that doesn't support any new games.

0 Likes

I'm in an unsual spot. I recently migrated from an Intel Mac Mini to the Hades Canyon NUC so that I would have an AMD compatible driver which has support for newer graphics via eGPU with Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 and Oculus VR. I've been wanting to purchase an RX 6800 series GPU for this however I cannot even get my Vega 56 external GPU to accept this workaround to install the driver for the built in Vega M GH GPU.

https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/8i7hnk-8i7hvk-hades-canyon-quot-radeon-rx-vega-m-quot-...

Doing this will result in my onboard discreet graphics functioning however my Vega 56 apparently gets updated too and results in a BSOD on Windows 10 1909, 2004 and 20H2. I'd really wish AMD would be willing to add in an updated driver to support better mixed use of their solutions. Right now, I'm stuch with a Vega 56 and I'm concerned that AMD is not considering those of us that have this GPU onboard and still want to run newer AMD GPU's - please consider this belated new years wish

0 Likes