cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

nerdgoggles
Journeyman III

Why is Windows deactivating the Driver for one of my R7 265 cards due to a "Code 43"

*I put in a support ticket almost two weeks ago & got no reply besides the "we got your ticket" form letter email*

I have tested both cards individually, in both PCI-E slots, and the cards work fine ... so it isn't hardware ... and my PSU is way over what this system needs (1kw) so it isn't power related (system built in early 2015 & has been working pretty good for a mid level gaming rig).

I actually noticed this issue back in November, but my system had been acting funny for a while and it took me a bit to even notice that the option to turn on crossfire was missing from the Radeon program. was pretty quick work after that to open up device manager and see that windows had a "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)" error on one of the cards ... here is the kicker: rolling back to 2016 driver solved it (for a bit) and both cards jumped back on line.

I even tested updating to a couple of different newer drivers from 2017 and every time it would cause Windows to shut off one card, and then re-installing a 2016 driver fixed it. Fast forward to the other week when the latest driver pack got released and I figure "what the hell ... worst that happens is I just have to roll back to 2016 again" ... NOPE!

Now rolling back isn't even fixing the issue, neither did updating every damn driver & firmware on my system that I could find was out of date, and now I am stuck with 1 of my two perfectly good video cards shut off because of some dumb resource conflict that I can't find.

WHAT IS CAUSING THIS; HOW DO I MAKE IT GO AWAY?!?!?!

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card
    • XFX Radeon R7 265 DirectX 11.2 R7-265A-CNJ4 2GB 256-Bit DDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 CrossFireX Support Video Card (X2)
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • Desktop
  • Operating System
    • E.g. Windows 7 64 Home
  • Driver version installed
  • Display Devices
    • Typical LED 1080p HDTV / HDMI
  • Motherboard + Bios Revision
    • MSI A88X-G45 GAMING FM2+ / FM2 AMD A88X (Bolton D4) SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard / Latest Drivers & Firmware (I just went through updating everything)
  • CPU/APU
    • AMD Athlon X4 860K Kaveri Quad-Core 3.7 GHz Socket FM2+ 95W AD860KXBJABOX
  • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
    • Rosewill Hive Series 1000W Modular Gaming Power Supply, 80 PLUS Bronze Certified, Single +12V Rail, Intel 4th Gen CPU Ready, SLI & CrossFire Ready - Hive-1000
  • RAM
    • HyperX FURY 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 Desktop Memory Model HX318C10F/8 (x2 ... so 16GB)
0 Likes
1 Reply
nerdgoggles
Journeyman III

Yes I am bumping this: I want my second card working again!

*edit*

Decided to bite the bullet and upgrade to Windows 10 ... same exact issue / no change.

System does not care which cards I have installed: the second something gets assigned to PCI BUS 2, it shuts that card off.

as said before: single card in either slot = no problem / both card installed = BUS 2 gets the code 43.

0 Likes