cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Varuna
Journeyman III

Why is AMD suddenly demanding that users accept Microsoft malware on their systems?

When Microsoft Inc. chose to write ineradicable malware - including a keylogger - into its Orwell 10 OS, and to push that malware backward via its "updates" to older OS versions like 7  (which I currently use, and which will presumably be the last MS OS I will ever use,) it forced Windows users to adopt Draconian methods to protect their online security. 

So for the last several years I've had to revert to saving absolutely nothing to the system drive, performing a complete drive-wipe, secure overwrite and OS reinstall every couple of months, and along with a number of unnecessary processes, leaving Windows "updates" disabled from the outset.  Which means a hack risk for the duration of that two-month period - but a preferable alternative to transferring my passwords, bank accounts, correspondence and all other vital information to... the magically-angelic MS employees in their cubicles in Redmond, WA?

And "Oh, but you can turn those features off" is like someone selling you a house, keeping a set of keys and telling you "Oh, if you tell me not to, I promise I won't go in while you're away."

Up until a few months ago, installation of AMD's Catalyst software - which I keep on a USB drive - worked without a hitch irrespective of Microsoft "updates" or their absence.  I've been using ver. 15.7.1 (which for some reason calls itself 8.0.916.0 in that red installation pop-up,) for a tiny 6670HD card - necessitated by the physical constraints of a small form factor chassis and MB - and it's always installed just fine.  Until a few months ago.

Now selecting the "Custom" button brings up only the Install Manager itself and no other options - and once I set it in motion, an "Application Install:  install package failure!" error pop-up.

Please tell me there's a workaround for this, or simple reversion to the installation software which worked perfectly fine up until a few months ago.

I absolutely will not be forced to swallow Microsoft's poison as a precondition for getting something as simple as a graphic card driver installed.  I paid for this card on the expectation that it would function as advertised, and it has, well.  So can someone please explain to me why AMD is now demanding of its users that they acquiesce to the acceptance of irrelevant third-party malware?

Again, this driver software functioned perfectly for years under all of the identical conditions, irrespective of Microsoft's "updates" or their absence.   

AMD needs to stand by its products - without demanding of users that they compromise their system security choices for no good reason. 

0 Likes
16 Replies
mackbolan777
Forerunner

AMD Radeon™ HD 6670 Drivers & Support | AMD

That's a link to the archived drivers for that card. Maybe your file got corrupted? You can always not use the full suite and when it installs to the point of folder creation and asks if you would like to install the software, copy the install directory and say "no". Then go in device manager and select the video adapter and update the driver manually using the installation path you copied. Use only the x64 or x32 version of the driver setup and it will not install the entire Radeon suite, just the driver. Of course be sure to use DDU in safe mode to uninstall all previous drivers, reboot then install.

The "keylogger" in Windows 10 is the "software keyboard". I'm told it's a non-issue but I disabled it by renaming it. The Microsoft Text Input app, is probably what you're referring to. It's under Windows/Sytem32/SystemApps. In there if you have Windows version 2004 they renamed it to "MicrosoftAsysncTextServices" add a "z" to the end and save. The other I renamed is "MicrosoftClientsCBS", using the same method. You'll get errors in event viewer but they're harmless. Hence the end to Microsoft spying unless you import your email, well that's just a security "no,no". Passwords I write down, no manager program and never save any passwords on my PC aside from game launcher logins which are all 2FA set. I don't use Xbox so in my firewall nearly all is blocked in/out except individual games. I block anything to do with Xbox, "your account", "work account", and "your phone". Lastly, with the new Edge I block "mDNS" and port block "5353", UDP/TCP. 

Your not the only one battling obscure security issues that Windows pawns off as "anonymous" data gathering. Always something new to watch for as they try to make Windows communicate with everything down to your garage door.

"It worked before you broke it!"
0 Likes

Same reason there are "backdoors" into every CPU and OS I guess? 

0 Likes

AMD does stand behind their products as long as they are supported. Your card however has not been supported in many years. The changes have nothing to do with anything AMD did. So unfortunately you are at the mercy of what Microsoft does. You also are electing to use an usupported operating system. You can only expect that things will get worse using unsupported software and hardware. Nobody is going to fix it at this point, hence what UNSUPPORTED means. 

Windows 10 yes added a lot of telemetry. A great utility for disabling it ALL is O&O shutup. Does a great job of it. You get an OS that doesn't phone home anymore, just keep it updated and run it after major Widows feature updates as some settings get reset. Then you can enjoy the FACT that Windows 10 is the most secure version of Windows so far. 

You gave a lot of complaints but are missing most the information needed to post and someone to offer the best help.

I can suggest that you can run DDU from wagnardsoft dot com to get rid of the current driver then reload whatever older driver you liked. If you don't have access to that from AMD, GURU3D dot COM has a large repository of old drivers too. 

15.7.1 was the last WHQL driver.

They did release a beta with a newer interface as the last driver they ever released and it ran really well for me but I have not used it in years and that was 16.2.1 beta.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-hd/amd-radeon-hd-6000-series/amd-radeon-hd-6670

This is what AMD had to say years ago when they released that last beta bios fully informing users the card is no longer supported:

AMD Radeon™ R5 235X, Radeon™ R5 235, Radeon™ R5 230, Radeon™ R5 220, Radeon™​ HD 8470, Radeon™ HD 8350, Radeon™ HD 8000 (​D/G variants), Radeon™ HD 7000 Series (HD 7600 and below), Radeon™ HD 6000 Series, and Radeon™ HD 5000 Series Graphics products have been moved to a legacy support model and no additional driver releases are planned. This change enables us to dedicate valuable engineering resources to developing new features and enhancements for graphics products based on the GCN Architect​ure.

As a courtesy to our valued supporters we are providing a final Beta driver together with the release of the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition. The AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition Beta driver includes the redesigned user interface as well as some enhanced features. More information can be found in the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.2.1 for Non GCN Products Release Notes. This driver is provided "as is" and will not be supported with further updates, upgrades or bug fixes.

For users looking for a WHQL certified driver, the AMD Catalyst™ 15.7.1 driver will continue to be available for users running Windows® 10, Windows® 8.1, and Windows® 7. 

Users running Windows® Vista and older Microsoft® operating systems can use the AMD Catalyst™ 13.12 driver.

Users running supported Linux distributions can use the AMD Catalyst™ 15.12 proprietary drivers. These drivers are available for download on the AMD Drivers and Support page.

For users passionate about gaming, you may wish to consider upgrading to a modern GPU and benefit from exciting new features, improved performance, lower power consumption and broader compatibility with the latest PC games. For information about resellers and product availability, visit: http://shop.amd.com

NOTE: Before upgrading ensure that your system meets the requirements of the graphics adapter, such as:

• Motherboard with compatible graphics card slot
  • Adequate power supply unit to handle the complete system power requirements
  • Display with compatible connections

AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition Beta Driver

Applicable Products:

• AMD Radeon™ R5 235X, Radeon™ R5 235, Radeon R5™ 230, Radeon™​ R5 220 Series Graphics
  • AMD Radeon™ HD 8470, Radeon™ HD 8350, Radeon™​ HD 8000 (D/G variants) Series Graphics​
  • AMD Radeon™ HD 7000 – HD 7600 (including A/D/G/M variants) Series Graphics
  • AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 (including A/D/G/M variants) Series Graphics
  • AMD Radeon™ HD 5000 (including M variant) Series Graphics

Applicable Operating Systems:

• Windows® 10 (32 & 64-bit versions)
  • Windows® 8.1 (32 & 64-bit versions)
  • Windows® 7 (32 & 64-bit versions)

Users with AMD Radeon HD 4000 Series and older products looking for driver support, please refer to KB article:  Driver Support for AMD Radeon™ HD 4000, HD 3000, HD 2000 and Older Series

0 Likes

First, Holy copy/paste Batman! Next, ok I'll take a look at the O&O thing, downloaded it. The OP here I think was referring to the Microsoft Text Input app run by the system. It's annoying to say the least. I found it running in the back round soaking up a few MB RAM and CPU clocks to do what? No one knows except MS claims it's the "software keyboard for touch screens". I do not have a touch screen so what is it typing? Because it doesn't run all the time. I have it renamed so it doesn't open period. The other one was the Microsoft Client CBS, another annoying nothing that I renamed. Hopefully, this O&O shows me more telemetry type stuff that really is unnecessary unless you're in the "insider" program. Thankfully, they stopped "flighting" beta releases to the general public without consent, however they left behind crumbs. 

I thought the link I posted was adequate for OP to decide if a different driver might work or whatever. His card is quite old, however his hardware would need to be as well. Not all of us build new things every year or two. I wish I could go 4 years or more without buying a GPU or something! Windows 10 2004 is supposed to be more friendly with older apps, drivers, and games. I've found it to be true in games and in my mom's PC with her R7240 2GB card so far.

0 Likes
LeyvinBeta
Adept I

Alright., so as a note I'm presently quite frustrated that since the Forum Switch, for some reason I'm unable to regain access to my original account.

Made more so by seeing the recent trite and misinformation that has been appearing on the forums, but this one in particular has caught my attention enough to create an interim account to respond.

So first and foremost., Catalyst Crimson and Adrenalin require newer versions of the Visual C++ Runtimes and .NET Runtimes. These are ALL compatible down to Windows 2000 (Windows NT 5.0 or later) and it's a common practise for Microsoft to release new Runtimes every 2 years when they release a new version of Visual Studio and Visual C++ typically with the new version supporting new Hardware or even C Specifications. 

Believing these are "Malware" is not just incorrect., but it's delusional paranoia. 
These Runtime updates support newer versions of the C / C++ Standard that improves Functionality and Hardware Support. 

By all means, stick with the C05 Runtimes if it makes you feel "Safer" but you're essentially omitting support excluding Vendor 3rd Party Libraries (which almost NO ONE uses, outside of Early Prototyping; even then they'll focus on a single hardware, such-as Intel) for things like Virtualisation, TPM, SMT, BP Cache, Fabric Cache, etc.

In essence you might as well not actually have any Hardware that isn't also from said period either., as you can't use any of the modern features; or you have to HOPE the Developer actually supports a 3rd Party Solution that can provide (limited) support for them.

As for the "Keylogger"., all Operating Systems have effectively such a thing... it's simply part of the I/O Messaging System., and there is literally no other way to interact with an I/O Device (such-as a Keyboard)., be it Virtual or Physical; without keeping a constant track of what is input WHEN the Device is being polled during the most opportunistic period for the OS; as opposed to whenever an Application decides it wants to know.

I mean unless you want your Keyboard when using Office to suddenly use something ridiculous like 30-40% of your CPU Runtime because you want DIRECT ACCESS with zero (Digital) "Papertrail" because you're paranoid someone is going to use that for what... figuring out what your passwords are?

Keyloggers that would read this information, back when it wasn't Virtualised for Security Reasons; that was how most people would acquire a password without simply guessing it. 

Today however as noted, this is entirely Virtualised... quite literally you can't get this information even with another active account on the SAME computer WITHOUT expressly enabling permission for Windows to share said information outside of the Virtualised Environment. 

This is how some modern scams work., they essentially phone you up, get you to install a Remote Desktop application then walk you through granting all of these permissions that give you access. Of course as a note, this is a two way street; they can't get you to open up YOUR Desktop Access without also opening their own up; so running your OS itself in a Virtual Machine (which Windows since Vista has come with) means you can still protect the OS you're using while gaining full access to theirs. 

Still today., such a method isn't required. 
Instead what most Malicious Organisations (and it is more likely an organisation than an individual)., is to intercept Hashed Passwords sent via the Internet... they will then Brute Force the Hash to return a list of the possibilities of what the Password is; then automate logging into a known account to see if the password is accepted before then putting it in a Database that they sell to 3rd Parties.

This is why I'd recommend that ALL Online Security uses both a Password and Authenticator Pin (2FA)., because the later is restricted to Hardware and Timestamps; it makes it impossible to break without access to said secondary device information. 

Windows (even 10) however doesn't need to be setup with a Microsoft Account., you can still use a Local Account; which is still kept on a Hidden Partition of the Hard Disk (along with various other sensitive information). The same is true with the Microsoft OneDrive Vault., as it uses a Secure Peer-to-Peer Connection (only usable with TPM enabled) and is literally only accessible information via said Hardware Information; for other devices to access said data you need to manually add them to the whitelist.

I still don't personally trust such., but it's about as secure as you're going to get online without a dedicated Hard Line and a Personal Server that is only accessible by it.

Everything else as legally required via Data Protection Laws., MUST be Opt In. 

Of course this doesn't stop the OS from gathering said Data., and the reality is that most of the data in question is stuff the OS does actually and use anyway. Things like Bank Account information aren't, have never and will never be stored locally... that's entirely on your Microsoft Account and the security of which is handled differently., arguably it's a much safer approach to Online Payments; as YOU are never giving such information, nor is said Information even available to YOU beyond a recognisable end 4 Digits of the Common/Account Code. 
There is no CCV, BACS, etc. or even a full number... it's just so you can differentiate when removing or selecting which account you want to pay with; but even then from what you're sending, it's just an option of say 1,2,3,4, etc. no direct info.

The same is true if you use Windows Hello or Pin., which again is essentially a 3rd Layer of Protection.
You have your Password, your Authenticator (which is Device Specific, and there are 2 Different Code Generations depending on Data Sensitivity; 6 Digits for Regular and 8 Digits for Secure) then your Pin / Hello; which will instantly signal your Authenticator to acknowledge.

Any access to secure information, such-as changing passwords; will result in an automatic Authentication Approve / Deny challenge., and specifically if your location has changed by a greater distance than travel is possible; it's automatically denied pending later manual review by yourself.

There is a sense of irony that Microsoft have to Ask Permission to use your Location Data., but said Data is literally ONLY used as part of their Security Measures. 

See the problem I see here beyond the paranoia., is frankly a complete lack of knowledge. 
It isn't just that your don't know or understand why certain data is collected and requested., but you quite literally don't WANT to know either... and then you read all of these things about how data _could_ be used maliciously, and assume the worst. 

Microsoft isn't Google. 

As a fun fact., while yes... the Windows OS does have a "Backdoor" specifically put in at the request of the US Government., Microsoft fought the existence of such SPECIFICALLY because they neither trusted what the Government would do with such, but also because it posed a serious security risk to have something that literally bypassed everything and prevented an individual from keeping their system secure.

Today, while it technically still exists; Microsoft have used Federal (and other International Legislations) on Data Security and Protection to where access MUST be Allowed by the User. 

Why do you think Microsoft and the Federal Government are on such bad terms today., compared to Google, who sure they get a lot of "Show Trials" but have they actually been convicted of breaches of Constitutional Rights, Data Protection, etc. despite flagrantly breaking it constantly?

It's where I think the key difference between who you can trust and why comes into play.

Microsoft I trust to look out for Microsoft and their Business... you can trust them to always do what they think is in their best interest to survive, grow and expand their BUSINESS Empire. 

Google on the other hand, well they seem to have a very different core focus., look at how they seem content to simply fritter money away on any project that would increase their dominance. Their Business Model was founded on Selling their Users' Data to the Highest Bidder. Their actions are always done unilaterally as a move to greater control and dominance over it's userbase., where they can dictate how they can behave.
That's not a Business looking out for Business Interests., that's a Business seeking Power. 

Those are VERY different beasts., one sure... you should be more cautious with, but will never push for what you don't want to share; the other will DENY you access if you don't agree to their Demands ("Terms and Conditions", but make no mistake they're more like demands, because they hold the software hostage until you acquis) 

As noted., be cautious with Microsoft... and sure expect them to be stupid... but they're not cohesive enough to be malicious., they never were when I was working there; and I doubt much has changed today. 

But there are other Companies that, if there was a choice; I wouldn't have anything to do with. 

Now that's a W.O.T! The OP was mainly asking about how to install the driver for his aging card on Windows10. I don't know what year you stopped working for Microsoft but a lot has happened since you left obviously. Bill Gates has no direct influence there anymore and they've gone full developer now with getting into bed with Linux and 3rd party GNU programs, etc. I trust little of it. They finally announced that they would stop "flighting" the insider versions of Windows to regular users as updates. 

The C++ redistributables that are updated aren't needed beyond what his software is per se, but they don't hurt either. They can be downloaded as a package that covers like 2008-2018 or something, I have the pack. It helps with installing games, for me anyway. The OP isn't referring to the digital "keylogger" for I/O, he means the extra non-sense Windows collects. Perhaps the OP is overly paranoid of what is collected and the fact that one's ISP grabs more. The 2 system apps I disabled use the "software keyboard" as per a Microsoft article and they do not specify why. All I know is they use resources, it bugs me, and they have been deemed to be useless.

If you read the release notes on Windows 10 version 2004, they specifically addressed trying to be more compatible with older apps, games, software, etc. As they are working to be more "connecty" with the IOT world and even the IOS world. 

The thing is, this W.O.T. was really over the top of the main subject and just "heady" to say the least. It's like this guy I know that worked at Asus for 15 years thinks he's the "all knowing guru" and no one can have an opinion or be right about anything. 

You're upset about your account because it would've listed you as "Elite Grand PC Master"? It's a forum. Sure some misinformation may exist, somethings you may not be 100% correct on as well. Like his older driver doesn't require a new C++ to operate since that driver is obsolete and only communicating with his card. Relax, man!

0 Likes

This is a user to user forum and the answers given are probably wrong more than right. Most the time many of us try to make the best of what an OP doesn't tell us and guess at answer. Often an OP will spend more time complaining than explaining making it really easy to no help correctly. Nobody here can change the direction of software today. We will soon be all subscription based whether we like it or not and have to sign over every last bit of privacy to be allowed to use the software. 

I hate it to. Unfortunately no enough will refuse this model to make a dent or hope of it changing. 

Bah, then we all go with some Linux distro and mod it for gaming and use our phones for email and bill paying as Android seems to be more secure than anything, just skip multi-media messaging. Found out there's malicious ones that are seriously bad news so I have it disabled for automatic download. If I know who's sending it and that they are sending it I allow it.

Otherwise we'll be Xbox or PlayStation bound as whatever that costs, screw that.

0 Likes

Nobody "demands" or "forces" anyone to use anything, don't like it ,don't use or install it, it's a Choice .

It is a monopoly. 
Therefore, by definition there is no choice. 
GWX was a disgrace.

Always a choice,dont use it,buy an Apple product or use linux,still a choice.

0 Likes

Apple were and will never be a choice for me thanks. 

0 Likes

@mackbolan777 wrote:

Now that's a W.O.T! The OP was mainly asking about how to install the driver for his aging card on Windows10.

Except he wasn't., but let's say that's all he was asking (not what the majority of his post was about) then the answer is simple.

As of 2016 AMD ceased support for Terascale and Rage Architectures., this means that Drivers were only Developed for very early releases of Windows 10. Officially speaking there were no Release Drivers for Windows 10 that support Terascale Architecture.

There are the Legacy Drivers, which are provided "As-is" and Compatibility / Stability is not guaranteed. 

I'd recommend using a Windows 8.0 / 8.1 Driver (specifically 1H 2015) as these do offer the most compatibility and stability., but they will not provide support for OpenGL 4.3 (or later), Vulkan and have very limited DirectX 12 Support. 

@mackbolan777 wrote:

I don't know what year you stopped working for Microsoft but a lot has happened since you left obviously. Bill Gates has no direct influence there anymore and they've gone full developer now with getting into bed with Linux and 3rd party GNU programs, etc. I trust little of it. They finally announced that they would stop "flighting" the insider versions of Windows to regular users as updates. 

Gates had been forced into retirement shortly before the Studio I worked was bought out., and I haven't worked for them at least directly since I walked out just prior to the "Restructuring" due to what would colloquially be called "Creative Differences"... while I don't think all of the changes have been sensible or for the best., on the whole A LOT of what has changed, and essentially revitalised the Company, Products and Brand; are things that I'd been pushing for during my tenure there. 

You seem to be under the impression that Microsoft supporting Linux and GNU is something "New"., when it isn't... the difference is HOW it's going about it. In the past it would take the 3E Approach, which is something Early Microsoft did with callous abandon. 

Embrace, Extend, Extinguish

This as a note is exactly how Google behaves today... which shouldn't be surprising as they are Ex-Microsoft from their most Cut-Throat Period.

Now you say that "They're finally no longer Flighting Insider Previews to Consumers"., except... they are, they just renamed it but the issue with Insider Previews has nothing to do with them being such.
The issue instead is that for some reason, one of things lost during the Restructuring was the Quality Assurance Dept. in favour of Crowd Sourced QA... now you can see to a degree the rationale there, and Crowd Sourced Feedback on builds was something I'd been behind while I was at Microsoft.

I saw the success of the Insider (Beta) Programs., which greatly improved the QA that dedicate teams could provide as they simply couldn't test EVERY Hardware Combination. The thing is, the original idea was never and either / or... it was an expansion with, because it was more or less a low cost expansion that could've helped to identify various edge case scenarios more rapidly with better feedback from multiple sources.

@mackbolan777 wrote:

The C++ redistributables that are updated aren't needed beyond what his software is per se, but they don't hurt either. They can be downloaded as a package that covers like 2008-2018 or something, I have the pack. It helps with installing games, for me anyway. The OP isn't referring to the digital "keylogger" for I/O, he means the extra non-sense Windows collects. Perhaps the OP is overly paranoid of what is collected and the fact that one's ISP grabs more. The 2 system apps I disabled use the "software keyboard" as per a Microsoft article and they do not specify why. All I know is they use resources, it bugs me, and they have been deemed to be useless.

As I stated., by Law Microsoft MUST get your permission to gather information from you... yes, a lot of the information gathered is still accumulated by the OS but that's because it's standard telemetry that is used by the OS In-Flight. 
What you're agreeing to is to share it with Microsoft, so they can store and use it for their Metrics. 

Again I think it's of paramount importance to point out that Microsoft DOES NOT Sell this Data to 3rd Parties., outside of Scenarios where it's expressly stated they do such; and again you MUST provide permission for such. 

This is wholly different from for example Google, whose entire Business is built upon selling the various gathered data sourced from you and your usage of their products. 

The Redistributables aren't "Optional" and aren't needed., they are REQUIRED for Compatibility. Various changes occur between each runtime release... Features are Deprecated, Replaced, Changed, Expanded, etc. they are REQUIRED. 

@mackbolan777 wrote:

If you read the release notes on Windows 10 version 2004, they specifically addressed trying to be more compatible with older apps, games, software, etc. As they are working to be more "connecty" with the IOT world and even the IOS world.

Windows 10 is technically 2 Operating Systems.

Windows Core (Universal) and Windows 32 (Classic)
These two are not entirely compatible approaches., and Win32 comes with A LOT of Legacy Baggage. 

Microsoft essentially had to maintain Win32., and obviously it's in their best interest to ensure it's as good as it can be... while at the same time they need to encourage the transition to Windows Core; as it is a better approach. 
Windows Core is a universal platform., the idea to be entire hardware agnostic and be capable of running in parallel with other Operating Systems to give end users and developers a "Universal" Platform... that's something Win32 is not, and can never be.

I think your conflating their focus on future improvements along with providing a transitional path for Developers, with their endeavours to constantly improve legacy support. 
Windows isn't a closed Ecosystem like Apple., outside of Xbox... so they can't take the same approach to simply make fundamental changes with next-to-no legacy support; while that won't get people to switch to Linux / MacOS if they did such, it will mean that version will simply not be adopted thus making it pointless. 

@mackbolan777 wrote:

The thing is, this W.O.T. was really over the top of the main subject and just "heady" to say the least. It's like this guy I know that worked at Asus for 15 years thinks he's the "all knowing guru" and no one can have an opinion or be right about anything. 

You're upset about your account because it would've listed you as "Elite Grand PC Master"? It's a forum. Sure some misinformation may exist, somethings you may not be 100% correct on as well. Like his older driver doesn't require a new C++ to operate since that driver is obsolete and only communicating with his card. Relax, man!

Misinformation is dangerous., especially when it isn't corrected. 
It leads to paranoia, and makes people afraid when there is no cause or justification for such.
Look at what is going on right now in the World... there is an absolute madness that is destroying lives over disproportionate fear., and why? Because of Misinformation and Sensationalism. 

In fact even in your response., you're quite openly disputing my points, reinforcing and echoing (to a degree) the concerns of the OP about Microsoft; while at the same time somewhat dismissing my points about Google. 
As I stated... Microsoft asks your permission., the don't hold your Data for ransom in order to use their Services; same with AMD, sending them additional anonymous data is optional., and I doubt AMD is selling that data either... they're almost certainly just using it to better understand their market, what to focus on, etc.

The situation becomes wholly different with someone like Google., whose entire business model is built upon selling your personal data and metrics. 

And yeah., I'm upset and frustrated about the present inability to sign into my old account.
It has my username on it... that might not mean much to you., but I've had the same username on everything for the past 20 years. It's MY username., and it's essentially unique to me. 

0 Likes

Gates left Microsoft to dedicate more time to his philanthropic work.
Make of that what you will.  

0 Likes

RE
"Misinformation is dangerous., especially when it isn't corrected. 
It leads to paranoia, and makes people afraid when there is no cause or justification for such.
Look at what is going on right now in the World... there is an absolute madness that is destroying lives over disproportionate fear., and why? Because of Misinformation and Sensationalism. "

What are you talking about?

0 Likes

AMD Bug Reporting tool forces a Trawl of User Data with no opt out. 

Web based bug reporting is no longer available. 

So is that illegal?

0 Likes