cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

colesdav
MVP

Re: Why is AMD Adrenalin 2019 18.12.3 incremental update notifying and advising to upgrade to 18.12.2?

Jump to solution

If

The frequency of notifications is still annoying (they should be reduced in Adrenalin 2019 19.1.1).

and/or

You think the notification message telling you to upgarde to an older version of the software called 'New Recommended'  message is confusing.
then

Please submit an AMD Reporting form using this "Report Issues Online" link: pastedImage_0.png

Also you can try this:
Support Ticket Process | AMD
Specifically this:
Online Service Request | AMD

Nothing will be done to change/fix unless more people make the effort to report issues properly to AMD.

Bye.

colesdav
MVP

Re: Why is AMD Adrenalin 2019 18.12.3 incremental update notifying and advising to upgrade to 18.12.2?

Jump to solution

I just saw the following notification:

pastedImage_0.png
19.1.1 is the New Recommended Driver.

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

Jump to solution

Turning off notifications in AMD Settings Preferences no longer stops the notification.
I have just submitted an AMD Reporting form.
The issue is also reported here: 19.1.1... part 2? was released today, still stuck in the "new update notification loop"

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

Jump to solution

Supposed to be fixed in Adrenalin 2019 19.1.2: 
Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.1.2 Release Notes | AMD 

Fixed Issues

• A toast message may intermittently popup incorrectly suggesting that a new driver upgrade is available.
0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

Jump to solution

Just booted into a Winndows 10 64bit Pro OS.
Current driver = Adrenalin 19.1.1
This is what I see at launch RE: Adrenalin Drivers:
pastedImage_2.pngpastedImage_3.pngpastedImage_1.png

0 Likes
locodicegr
Miniboss

Jump to solution

19.1.1 WHQL

19.1.2 'Beta' RE:2 Support.

WHQL - BETA = The same thing, only a signature from microsoft Missing.

Install whatever you want.

Its not a problem that needs priority right now.

Move on.

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

Jump to solution

Following clean install of 19.1.2

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_4.png

So

1. Even though notifications are set off in preferences I istill see the notifications.

2. Next thiing is to check to see if I still get notifications at persistent frequency  after binning the above one and  if the notifaction frequency has been fixed as per release notes for 19.1.2 here: 

Fixed Issues

• A toast message may intermittently popup incorrectly suggesting that a new driver upgrade is available.
0 Likes
locodicegr
Miniboss

Jump to solution

19.1.1 WHQL

19.1.2 'Beta' RE:2 Support.

WHQL - BETA = The same thing, only a signature from microsoft Missing.

Install whatever you want.

Its not a problem that needs priority right now.

Move on.

0 Likes
sabodoll
Adept I

Jump to solution

Still having the same issue, installed 19.1.2 and update still popping up to install 19.1.1. If I install 19.1.1 I get notifications to install 19.1.1 (same driver again). So nothing is effectively fixed still, no matter what I do I still get notifications regardless.

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

Jump to solution

Hi, getting message that 
Currently Installed     = 19.1.2

New Recommended = 19.1.1
Is ~ O.K. as far as I am concerned.
It is just that New Recommended is confusing for some people.
It should probably just say WHQL Recommended or Main Release Driver or maybe, one day, Stable Driver.

If it really bothers you then please submit an AMD Reporting Form or open an email support case about it.

I continue to look at this because of the following:
Turning Notifications off, does not seem to work at all.
The Update Notifications still happen far too often in 19.1.1.
I cannot turn them off,  but I am hoping it is fixed now in 19.1.2 based on this:

Fixed Issues

0 Likes