cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

locodicegr
Miniboss

Re: Why is AMD Adrenalin 2019 18.12.3 incremental update notifying and advising to upgrade to 18.12.2?

Jump to solution

1) Not a bug.

2) Dont spell the version wrong. its 18.12 not .2

3) Its recommending the WHQL, nothing wrong about that.

So many comments for nothing, focus and report on real bugs.

0 Likes
bango
Adept I

Re: Why is AMD Adrenalin 2019 18.12.3 incremental update notifying and advising to upgrade to 18.12.2?

Jump to solution

1) This is a bug in some case. At least if Adrenalin recommends to udpate to version 18.12.2 even though it's allready installed.

2) It's called version 18.12.2!

3) Maybe you need some sleep. If so, take a break and then read this thread again.

4) Don't answer with useless comments. This doesn't help anyone!

colesdav
MVP

Jump to solution

Hi,

(1). It is a bug, It was noted as a bug in 19.1.1 release notes. Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.1.1 Release Notes | AMD
Specifically:

Fixed Issues

• Radeon Settings Advisor may incorrectly suggest older versions of Radeon Software as an update.
  • Radeon Settings software update notifications may appear more often than expected.

Read the post - it's the Radeon Settings  Advisor that I reported on.
It seems to be fixed in 19.1.1 on R9 Nano.as I stated above.

I have not checked on RX Vega 64 Liquid yet. The PC with the RX Vega 64 Liquid is currently stripped down, been cleaned, been fully electrically tested and I will be fitting it with a brand new Corsair AX1600i PSU in an attempt to see if I can get that RX Vega 64 Liquid GPU to run for more than 30 minutes without Blackscreen and Audio Buzz and PC Freezing with some recent AMD Driver.

(2) It is version 18.12.2.

(3). W.r.t. the notification recommending WHQL - It is confusing for some people obviously though I do not really care about it so much. Maybe New Recommended Driver should be "WHQL Driver", instead of "New Recommended". As far as I see it though, they are all beta quality drivers anyhow these days.

RE: So many comments for nothing, focus and report on real bugs.
It is a real bug, it seems to be fixed for an R9 Nano at least in 19.1.1. It seems to have been fixed because it was clearly causing confusion for lots of people looking at Adrenalin 2019.

In terms of spending more time to focus and report on real bugs.
No thanks.

Unless of course someone will actually listen and fix some of the real bugs within say 1.5 years of reporting them. Like Radeon Chill for example.

Or maybe since it is  is so important as it was specifically pointed out by AMD CEO at CES2019 as a great new Radeon Adrenalin 2019 feature, someone might fix Automatic Overclocking on RX Vega 64 Liquid so it doesn't immediately crash and freeze the PC.

Bye.

colesdav
MVP

Jump to solution
0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

Jump to solution
0 Likes
legionsb
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

colesdav wrote:

Fixed Issues

• Radeon Settings Advisor may incorrectly suggest older versions of Radeon Software as an update.

Yeah, "fixed", uh huh.

amdupgradelol.png

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

Jump to solution

The Radeon Settings Advisor recommendation is different to the above notification.

The Radeon Advisor looks like this:

pastedImage_5.png

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

Jump to solution

I would like to see this notification much less frequently:
pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes
adriang
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

updated to 19.1.1 and still asking for "new recommended" 18.12.2 ....annoying!!

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

Jump to solution

Hi

Are you just seeing the notification for new update like this?

pastedImage_0.png

and

pastedImage_1.png

or is the Radeon Advisor telling you to update to an older version? - The following should be fixed:
pastedImage_5.png

You can always go to preferences and turn notifications off like this:

pastedImage_2.png

Bye.

0 Likes