cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

johnniedoo
Adept II

Re: Why is AMD Adrenalin 2019 18.12.3 incremental update notifying and advising to upgrade to 18.12.2?

Jump to solution

I am still getting this  ridiculous notice, of course i turn off notification in prefs. i know it is called a bug by forum watchers/participants. i dont understand why AMD has not released a bug report and posted it with download page , in known issues or anywhere, yet.  lots of people have had to go through the bother of clean installing and all the other things for no good reason, as a rule.never know what work might be corrupted or lost in the process , for some. no need for it.

just one more issue of contention with AMD. however, the other one is not always smooth as silk (NVIDIA) each has it bugaboos. but  small and harmless as this it, still even slight action would have been appreciated

colesdav
MVP

Re: Why is AMD Adrenalin 2019 18.12.3 incremental update notifying and advising to upgrade to 18.12.2?

Jump to solution

Hi,

Happy New Year.

All you can do is make sure you file an AMD Reporting form using the Adrenalin GUI

pastedImage_4.png

I have done that.

Or submit an email support case so AMD know about it:
Support Ticket Process | AMD

Maybe then someone  will think about fixing it.

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

Jump to solution
0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

Jump to solution

Testing on Adrenalin 2019 19.1.1. with system with a single R9 Nano - the Upgrade Advisor issue is fixed.

I will check what happens with RX Vega 64 Liquid next.

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

Jump to solution

R9 Nano ... Adrenalin 2019 19.1.1:

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.pngpastedImage_3.png

So now the Upgrade Advisor no longer advises upgrading to Adrenalin 2019 18.12.2.

This Upgrade Advisor issue seems fixed for R9 Nano.

Discussion about recommending to turn on Chill should be in a different post but my opinion on that is AMD should really fix Chill first before advising to use it.

0 Likes
dmitryko
Adept I

Jump to solution

Adrenalin 19.1.1 still keeps asking me to update to 18.12.2. R9 290X, Windows Insider 18312.2019-01-11.png

0 Likes
bubboteam
Adept III

Jump to solution

so I'm not the only one

0 Likes
laserspewpew
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

I was going to make a new post about this, glad I am not the only one experiencing this. lol

0 Likes
nestorcr
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Anotación 2019-01-13 171702.jpg

Alguna solución para este molestoso mensaje, tengo el software actualizado y aun me sale el mensaje para actualizar a una versión anterior.

0 Likes
bango
Adept I

Jump to solution

Es un error de la software. No eres el unico con este problema como puedes leer en el post aquí si entiendes ingles. Puedes enviar un informe a AMD por el software si te molesta tanto. Tal vez eso le dará más esfuerzo para eliminar el error. Supongo que lo harán de todos modos, solo tomará un poco de tiempo.

0 Likes