cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

pettrak
Adept I

Why doesn't StoreMI find my two SSDs?

Somehow my HDD is detected but not my SSDs which I should be able to use as cache devices.

My HDD is a Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB

My SSDs are Samsung 850 Evo 500GB and Kingston SSDNow UV400 120GB

r/AMDHelp - Why doesn't StoreMI find my two SSDs?

This is what it looks like

What I believe according to the BIOS, my HDD drive is somehow UEFI bootable on "Boot priority", or just has this information on it "UEFI: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB". While my SSD is just "Hardrive: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB" and I couldn't find my kingston driver there even though it's working as normal. Since my HDD has the "UEFI" thing except the other drives I think according to my logic that it's this is what causes this. Prove me wrong if I am but I just want to detect my SSDs in StoreMI. Thank You

Edit: Here are some specs I have

OS Version: Windows 10.0.1072009

StoreMI Version: 2.0.0.0079-BETA

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900XT

Motherboard: MSI X570-A Pro

5 Replies

Not sure why, maybe another user may know.

I can tell you though that AMD discontinued Original Store MI and it is no longer supported. The new version is out and only supports B550 and X570 with 4xx support supposedly coming in Q3 2020. Not sure what hardware or StoreMI version you have as you gave no system information other than drives. 

The AMD StoreMI page is here if you need it: https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/store-mi 

You can also ask your question to AMD support here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

I have a X570 motherboard (MSI X570-A Pro), a 3rd gen Ryzen 9 processor and I am on the 2.0.0.0079-BETA version of StoreMI

Thanks for the updated info. I still have no idea about the issue. I have never used this feature. Make sure to report it to AMD and hopefully they can get your sorted.

Good Luck!

0 Likes
fyrel
Miniboss

At least one unformatted, uninitialized, unallocated SATA or NVMe SSD for storage acceleration.

Got space on your SSD's to move things about and reset one of your SSD's?

0 Likes
sneakmeister
Journeyman III

same issue here. i only got 2 m.2 NVMEs. StoreMI is not running stating that it cannot detect any storage device

0 Likes