cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

plumboby
Miniboss

Re: Why does the display driver crash randomly regardless of what driver I am using? [RX 460]

Jump to solution

set the target on 60 I do it with my RX560. Pull the voltage slider to 40 50ish. heres my quick set up I use & I run a 600w psu which helps2018.04.08-20.51.png

0 Likes
kingfish
MVP

Re: Why does the display driver crash randomly regardless of what driver I am using? [RX 460]

Jump to solution

Please put every setting back to default then reboot your computer:

Change the Temperature to 'manual'...lower 'Max' to 75c and 'Target' to  45c. This will engage your fans automatically at 45c and gradually increase to keep

the temperatures at/under the Max 75c. The way you have it set now, fans don't work until the temps reach 70c.

Click 'Apply' at the top of the page. Do not change any other settings except Temperature and Power Limit.

Wattman fan curve does not work

Also, it is important that your computer power plan is set to 'Performance' and not 'balanced'.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kittehkun
Adept I

Jump to solution

I've now set the temperature Max to 75 and Target to 45 degrees and I'll see how that goes tonight. I've also noticed that the driver crashes usually happen when I wake up my PC after putting it to sleep. I'll see what happens and I'll stress test the card to see if any problems arise.

0 Likes
kittehkun
Adept I

Jump to solution

I've adjusted the settings to that of kingfish and I'll start benchmarking it tonight. If not I'll try lowering the cards' temperature to 70 degrees and I'll do an update on this thread if any more problems arise tonight.

0 Likes
kittehkun
Adept I

Jump to solution

Alrighty, so I've set the settings to default and stuff and changed them to the settings suggested in this thread and will see if I experience a driver crash tonight.

0 Likes
pokester
MVP

Jump to solution

yah that may be enough. Every card can be a little different even in the same series. I was just suggesting the number I gave you as it is what I use. You can always adjust up and down as you fine tune. Let's just hope this helps you out. If not it's about all I know! So good luck. Seriously though if that isn't doing it then from there make sure you aren't missing any Windows Updates (you should do this anyway), use latest bios for mother board. If that still doesn't do it, I would look to a possible Power Supply issue. Just take things one at a time until we figure it out.

Happy Gaming!

kingfish
MVP

Jump to solution

Glad you got it sorted out...

0 Likes