Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Why does CrossFire still not work in windowed mode

Jump to solution

I, like a lot of people, think that borderless windowed is vastly superior to exclusive fullscreen. You can multitask without worrying about your game crashing, use second monitors, resize the window if you want, all sorts of things. One of the games I play, ESO, didn't even have exclusive fullscreen when it came out (and it still doesn't for D3D9). SLI supports windowed modes, why does CrossFire still lack in this department? It's very frustrating!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Why does CrossFire still not work in windowed mode

Jump to solution

I understand your concern and will pass your feedback on, so thanks.

As it stands, we offer CrossFire support in Borderless/Windowed mode in the following Mantle titles.

Battlefield 4

Plants Vs Zombies

Battlefield Hardline

Civilization Beyond Earth

Thief

Dragon Age Inquistion

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

I understand your concern and will pass your feedback on, so thanks.

As it stands, we offer CrossFire support in Borderless/Windowed mode in the following Mantle titles.

Battlefield 4

Plants Vs Zombies

Battlefield Hardline

Civilization Beyond Earth

Thief

Dragon Age Inquistion

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Thanks for responding, I did not know Mantle titles supported that. Is it possible that with DX12 we can see more of this, I've heard it follows in Mantle's footsteps.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Jump to solution

The reason is the same reason that borderless window SLI doesn't always work, it's because of a little program called explorer.exe and its interaction with DirectX.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

I don't know the answer to that, but we'll take your feedback on board.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

TW3 has a nasty habit of reverting from Full Screen to Borderless - all on it's own and so disabling crossfire.

Nvidia title. Disrupting AMD tech. Conspiracy theorists ... Go!

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Awesome captcha amd.  I know I'm already in my 30s and my vision is only a mere 20/20 but after about 25 tries I was one away from saying screw this forum.  Fortunately that one went through.

in other news, don't spread misinfo.  I have a quad sli rig and a trifire rig.  Neither manufacturers tech allows for multi gpu rendering in windowed.

its been a gripe of mine with nvidia for years.  I have an accessory display I can either not use and let collect dust, or use and then lose out on all the performance I built the machine for because sli doesn't function.

grass is always greener.  Fortunately I own both and sli/xfire doesn't work in border less windowed on either.  It's about time they got with the program though.

0 Kudos