cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ashleigh-louisehawkins
Journeyman III

Why can I not set my screen resolution to 1920 x 1080 while plugged into my AMD Radeon R9 200 Series. It automatic sets it to this resolution however if its plugged into my motherboard

I'm having an issue trying to set my monitor to 1920 x 1080 through the graphics card display settings. I have updated all the drives, taken the graphics card out and back in again, but nothing seems to be working. . It automatic sets it to this resolution however if its plugged into my motherboard and it perfectly fine blurry wise. So it seems the problem is with the graphics card. I have another monitor that works fine when connected to the graphics card at a smaller resolution. Its connected with a VGA to DVI-I adapter to the graphics card. Can anyone help ? it also comes up as a Non PnP monitor.

the monitor is an Acer LCD S22OHQL

0 Likes
3 Replies
waltc
Miniboss

Re: Why can I not set my screen resolution to 1920 x 1080 while plugged into my AMD Radeon R9 200 Series. It automatic sets it to this resolution however if its plugged into my motherboard

Make sure the monitor driver is the same one being used when you plug into the motherboard--when you change gpu & drivers, the monitor driver often changes with it.  If the R9 200 card is using the same monitor driver as the your motherboard GPU, then the only thing I can think of is that your R9 200 doesn't get along with the particular VGA-to-DVI adapter you are using. It would also help to know which exact R9 200 you have and what your motherboard IGP is, and which drivers you are using for each GPU.

0 Likes
ashleigh-louisehawkins
Journeyman III

Re: Why can I not set my screen resolution to 1920 x 1080 while plugged into my AMD Radeon R9 200 Series. It automatic sets it to this resolution however if its plugged into my motherboard

My VGA to DVI adapter works fine with my old monitor though, it recognises the right resolution for my old screen but not for my new one. I checked if it was an issue with using different drivers when changing but it seems to be using the same one so the issue is not there. I have a Gigabyte AMD R9 270X OC Graphics Card.

Will have to check what my motherboard IGP is when I get home. But if you have any ideas in the mean time let me know!

0 Likes
waltc
Miniboss

Remember that I'm talking "monitor drivers," specifically--as opposed to GPU drivers.  It *sounds* like a simple monitor driver issue--having the correct driver for your newer monitor is very important.  Good luck!

0 Likes