cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

stanislav777mv
Adept II

Why aren't there latest drivers for Windows 8.1?

Why is there no latest driver version for Windows 8.1, which is still relevant, unlike Windows 7, whose support has expired?

0 Likes
33 Replies
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

Re: Why aren't there latest drivers for Windows 8.1?

hardly anyone adopted windows 8.1, i suggest upgrading to windows 10 and modernize 

windows 10 can be made to look like windows 8.1 with the full screen touch mode if desired

0 Likes
stanislav777mv
Adept II

The point is not in appearance, but in work. I made Windows 8.1 in the style of Windows 7. Windows 7 suits me, but FACEIT AC and maybe something else will not work on it soon.

davidbsuttoncoldfield
Journeyman III

Both Windows 8.x and 10 require the display to support a later version of Direct-X than Windows 7. I have a couple of PCs that are stuck on older versions of Windows. If they will actually run Windows 10, I can't use them in VGA or XGA modes. That is caused by the lack of drivers that are compatible with the hardware. Desktop motherboards can often have their display device replaced by a graphics card, but laptops generally cannot. It's a form of built-in obsolescence and quite frustrating.

0 Likes
stanislav777mv
Adept II

This is definitely not about it, the old drivers work, but one game complains that they have known problems and recommends updating them. My monitor is connected via DVI-D.

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

stanislav777mv wrote:

This is definitely not about it, the old drivers work, but one game complains that they have known problems and recommends updating them. My monitor is connected via DVI-D.

Can you use HDMI or DisplayPort? Both are easier to use.

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

Everyone forgot to mention to you that AMD doesn't support Windows 8/8.1 any more with Driver updates.

Whatever Windows 8/8.1 AMD driver or Previous AMD Driver is included for your GPU card that is it.

To get support for your GPU, which you didn't mention, you will need to upgrade to Windows 10 to get continued updated AMD Drivers.

EDIT: Some Users have mentioned to use Windows 7 AMD Drivers to work in Windows 8/8.1 OS.

stanislav777mv
Adept II

Because my display does not support them

0 Likes
stanislav777mv
Adept II

Yes, the drivers most likely for Windows 7 were installed using DriverPack Solution, but Radeon Settings did not update and did not work correctly with them.

P.S. And I would like to know why AMD do not support relevant Windows 8.1, but support Windows 7. After all, I'm not the only one who does not accept Windows 10 and recently switched to Windows 8.1.

0 Likes
stanislav777mv
Adept II

No commentБезымянный2228.png

0 Likes