cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

vandaliersoul
Journeyman III

why am I getting told my graphics drivers are 9 to 15 months out of date?

These are my Laptop specs:

Processor: AMD A9 RADEON R5 3.0 GHz

RAM: 4.00 GB

Graphics Card: ATI AMD Radeon R5 Graphics, 128 Dedicated Video Ram

Storage: 931 GB Seagate

It's supposed to run some old games like The Witcher and Fallout New Vegas at very nice FPS, right? It should, but this thing gets picky and when I try to run it at maximum resoultion, it gets slowed down BADLY, Im forced to reduce the resolution for it to go well, but Im already getting suspicious, I've tried updating the drivers, specially since the Can You Run It thing said it's graphics driver is 9 months out of date, went to update the drivers, and now it says Im 15 months out of date, I don't even know anymore, the system itself tells me it's up to date, but I don't trust it since some other games like Borderlands 2 (I already tweaked it so it should be better) don't run at the desired framerates and Im still forced to reduce the resolution, does someone here know what's happening to the graphics drivers?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Your GPU is not meant for gaming at higher resolutions, it doesn't have the speed nor the memory. No driver is going to solve that problem.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
georges
Challenger

I think that your Processor is : A9-9420

First of all Update Windows 10 through Windows Update !! Then try this Steps :

1) Download  -> DDU   -> and Latest AMD APU Driver (Adrenalin Edition 18.7.1 Optional)

2) Close Internet Connection

3) Go into Safe boot

4) Run DDU

5) Delete AMD driver (press Clean and Restart)

After reboot

6) Install AMD driver - reboot

After reboot

7) Open Internet Connection

0 Likes

can you post the EXACT LAPTOP MAKE & MODEL with the current installed BIOS and Windows version?

Also need to know the EXACT MAKE & MODEL of your AMD APU and Graphics, both Integrated and discrete?

Your GPU is not meant for gaming at higher resolutions, it doesn't have the speed nor the memory. No driver is going to solve that problem.

Well, damn, guess I still have to suffer the classy 1024 resolution then, oh well, atleast I know I can't trust laptops that are like this, thanks for clearing it out for me bud

0 Likes