cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Why after installing the recommended driver AMD version 19.9.2 when you enter the game steam, the game starts, black screen and the game turns off. On version 19.5.2 and 19.6.2 there was no such problem.

Why after installing the recommended driver AMD version 19.9.2 when you enter the game steam, the game starts, black screen and the game turns off. On version 19.5.2 and 19.6.2 there was no such problem. Help how to solve it?

6 Replies

How did you upgrade to the new driver. If you did it through Radeon Settings that can be problematic. Best to download the standalone driver and install that way. I would do a clean install of the the driver with the internet disabled and see if that changes things. If not return to a driver that worked and definitely report the issue to AMD. https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

I don't know what card you are on. I just installed the 19.9.2 WHQL last night on my RX 580 and had no issues. I did do a clean install from the start.

Many things can cause your experience to be different. I can tell you I am on a fully up to day Windows 10 1903 installation as well.

Hello. Thanks for your reply. I am using an integrated card from AMD HD 8670m version. I updated the driver by downloading from the official website of AMD by selecting my graphics card from the list.

0 Likes

What model laptop are you on? If this has an AMD APU then you are not doing it right. You don't load the driver for the graphics card you load the driver for the APU and it includes the graphics card driver as well.

I will include a couple links here you should read. If this doesn't help please supply all the information required to post. kingfish‌ already supplied a link of what's needed.

The current menus may be a little different than these pics but it's about the same process:

Laptop graphics update...How to 

Configuring Laptop Switchable Graphics on a Windows® Based System. https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/dh-017#SGApplication /external-link.jspa?url=https%3A%2F%2Fsupport.amd.com%2Fen-us%2Fkb-articles%2FPages%2FDH-017.aspx%23...

список.PNGсам драйвер.PNGHere I chose my driver and downloaded it. Before installing it I made a complete removal of the old driver through the program AMD Cleanup Utility. After rebooting the system, I started the installation and clicked on quick install. After the installation, a window POPs up saying that the installation was successful, reboot the system. After rebooting, I went to your steam account and started the game. The Steam says that the game is running. After a while, the game crashes into the steam library. In the processes of the system it is not. And so with each game steam. Repack games run without any problems. The model of my laptop Acer Aspire E1-532G. Processor Intel(R) Pentium(R) 3556U @ 1.70 GHz processor, 1701 Mhz, 2 cores.

0 Likes

Make sure your laptop is set to high performance...not 'Balanced'.

In the game....choose 'Optimal settings' for your laptop graphics. 

0 Likes