cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

hunter-
Adept II

Why a good decent card is abandoned??

Why no more win 10 driver for R9 Fury X since 2021 on may???The last driver was 21.5.2 released on  11may 2021.Why u abandoned this graphic card?Is still a decent card and  i have  problem with Farcry 6   because driver is not up to date.I mean i can play this game at minimum settings with 1280x720 and vram memory fill up tp 3.72 -3.93GB,and sometime my fps drop to 10-15fps and become unplaylable and i suspect is from old driver because driver is not up to date.Green camp have driver up to date for ANY model of their vga card...Why?

For me is the last card of this red camp.I don t want to hear of AMD anymore in my whole life..............I understand u abandoned driver for win 8.1,BUT for win 10 too?

Signed.....a former red client !!

Cheers to all,

8 Replies

AMD made legacy (Non-Supported) all Non-RX GPU cards last year. 

AMD didn't abandon making drivers for Windows 10 they just stopped supporting all Non-RX GPU cards. 

Like you mentioned the last drivers were from 06/21/2021.

They always abandon old vga card....R9 Fury X was and is still a decent card for 720p and 1080p gaming....

Nevermind,i understand.thanks anyway

Many AMD Users were also upset that so many GPU cards were made legacy status.

My guess is simply the technology of those GPU cards became too out-dated for the newer AMD drivers. 

But the last 06/2021 driver should be good for a long time as long as you none of your future Apps or games needs newer driver versions to work.

TechPowerUp has some AMD Modified Drivers that suppose to work with Non-RX GPU cards if interested. Became aware of these drivers from another User here at AMD forum. Don't know how reliable these modified drivers are though.

You can download the latest version from here: https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/driver-mod-amernime-zone-radeon-insight-22-1-1-whql-gcn-l...

Even with the older drivers they still work great. I have an 590 fat boy that still holds its own on 1080p gaming

MSi B550 Gaming Plus, AMD 5950X XfX 6700XT Qick 319
32GB PNY XL8R 3200MHz 4x8Gb CL16, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
0 Likes

@elstaci 

The info on TPU is outdated, the Author/Dev. moved to Guru3d forum (amd radeon drivers section). All the newer builds/bugfixes/reporting are now on there.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

@goodplay 

Thanks for the Update. I wasn't aware of that. I just found out about these modified AMD Drivers from another User that just mentioned TechPowerUp.

In your opinion are they dependable for using newer AMD drivers for legacy GPUs?

0 Likes

It's currently a 300 page thread, i would try them if i still had a legacy card.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

I realise i'm upset for nothing,we live in a time when VRAM is CRUCIAL and support of drivers too of course..I also understand perfectly, 7 years of service is enough for a card.Only thing I CANNOT understand why is AMD always have a tend to abandoned their card with support drivers ,maybe because they are always constantly in fight with other company like Nvidia vga card and Intel processor company ,and they don't have time anymore for drivers....

For example Green camp have latest drivers for gtx 980TI,and that card is the same generation like Fury X, year 2015.....

AMD always have a tend to abandon their card.....I wish you good luck to all but is time to change camp again,i must migrate to green camp

0 Likes