cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

alecman3000
Journeyman III

which here should I choose? just got a notification from crimson.

Jump to solution

Capture.PNG

As you can see there are 2 options. I don't know the difference and when I click on the release notes on the first option (the whql one which i don't know what that means) it opens a page that doesn't load on firefox. Also, are these driver updates not gonna screw up any settings that I currently have now? Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kingfish
MVP

Re: which here should I choose? just got a notification from crimson.

Jump to solution

The WHQL one is the newest. WHQL means it has been through Windows/Microsoft quality testing and is approved. Keep in mind that if you are not having any problems, and reading the 'release notes' shows no fixes for any problem your having...there is no reason to update. Disable the check for updates and it won't keep reminding you.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kingfish
MVP

Jump to solution

The WHQL one is the newest. WHQL means it has been through Windows/Microsoft quality testing and is approved. Keep in mind that if you are not having any problems, and reading the 'release notes' shows no fixes for any problem your having...there is no reason to update. Disable the check for updates and it won't keep reminding you.

View solution in original post

alecman3000
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Thanks for responding. Well like I said clicking on the release notes on that WHQL option brings me in this page http://support-auth.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMD-Radeon-Software-Crimson-Edition-16-3-2.aspx  which doesn't seems to exist. Yeah I probably wouldn't update for now.

0 Likes