cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

c_s_myers
Journeyman III

Which driver update should I install...?

I already uninstalled my driver, wanted to update because I was experiencing issues with certain functionalities with the new Adobe Creative Cloud Apps such as Photoshop CC. Certain tools and or functions were unavailable and I'd like to see if this will resolve the issue.

Which one would be a better choice?
Current System:

Windows 7 64 bit Service Pack 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz 2.00 GHz

6 GB RAM
602 GB of free space

Radeon (TM) HD 6490M

Driver Update Options:

AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.2.1 Beta Driver

(or)

AMD Catalyst™ Software Suite, AMD Catalyst™ 15.7.1 driver (recommended) 

0 Likes
6 Replies
adriang001
Journeyman III

AMD Catalyst™ 15.7.1 driver - Go for it as its the latest and the update one.

Regards,

Adrian

0 Likes

I think that's actually the older one... 2015...

0 Likes

Laptop graphics update...How to 

2. The Intel graphics drivers should be the latest offered by Intel Support.

Use their 'Driver Download Tool' to get the latest version. These must be installed before the AMD drivers.

** Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 must be fully updated before attempting to install any AMD driver. All 'critical', 'recommended', and 'optional' (no language packs,etc) updates as well as any Service Packs (SP) must be installed before any attempt to install graphics drivers. If you do not get this message .... keep installing until you do:

OpenGL games and OpenCL apps (Adobe) are using the integrated graphics...by default. Read this from HP...all laptops have the same configuration> Official HP statement on Switchable Graphics and Open GL Fun... - HP Support Community - 766285 

HP Notebook PCs - OpenGL Applications Cannot Use Discrete GPU with Intel + AMD Switchable Graphics |... 

0 Likes

This: AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.2.1 Beta Driver caused HDMI sound playback problems on one of my my pre-GCN GPUs.

So I installed this first: AMD Catalyst™ Software Suite, AMD Catalyst™ 15.7.1 driver (recommended) 

However I like the new Crimson Interface so I then did an incremental install of AMD Settings. 

It works fine. 

0 Likes

I uninstalled my original to try installing the update. I tried both of them and actually ran into problems with both of them. During the install they both changed my screen resolution to where it looked like my desktop was in safe mode and my original resolution options were not available anymore. Then I started getting an error message that said the proper driver was not installed or something like that so I just uninstalled them but now I'm left trying to figure out how to get my original back...

0 Likes