cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

darkforest
Journeyman III

Where to download AMD Link for android TV?

In release notes of new drivers it says:

• Now supports connections to Apple TV and Android TV with a new simplified TV interface.

I was curious to try it, but i don't see the app on android TV play store.

4 Replies
kaisersolo
Journeyman III

I Have Sony Android 4K TV which has a later version of android 7.1.

When i find Amd link in the play store on my PC, and try to install it to My TV it says the app is not compatible with my device. Why is this ?

I tried to side load the APK on to my TV, it works but its sideways . Please Help - Please fix this.

I was going to stream my games from my 2600 & Vega 56 PC. 

0 Likes
ramchyld
Elite

I’m also having this problem. It said it was incompatible with my Shield TV (I know, it’s probably blasphemy to run this on a device made by AMD’s rival, but to their credit AMD has never produced Android TV boxes. I’d gladly buy an AMD Android TV box).

I’ve tried sideloading, and instead of showing full screen the screen was a vertical strip in the center of my TV. It also would not connect to the PCs, immediately crashing the PC then saying the PC is not online. 

0 Likes
darkforest
Journeyman III

Looks like it's out now!

0 Likes
mtdesarno
Journeyman III

I'm just running into this same problem now, on a new Android TV box running Android 9.  Play Store says the app is not compatible with my box so I can't install it.  Did anyone find a way to get around this?  Is there an alternative place to download/install a working AMD Link app for Android TV?  Tried to do this on 8/3/2019.

0 Likes