Newcomer

Where's i can find drivers amd Radeon hd 6700

help

0 Likes
3 Replies

0 Likes
blackfr0g
Journeyman III

Hello and respect to you my dear friend.

As I can see you have the same troublesome graphics card as I do

AMD has officially stated that they will further not develop any updates or bug fixes to this said graphics card.

But they were generous enough to develop a final version of a so called "Beta Driver" for a major of GCN architecture legacy graphics cards.

This means the driver we can download now is a "hybrid" type of driver, that can work with many other graphics cards.

The legacy graphics cards are as listed:

• AMD Radeon™ R5 235X, Radeon™ R5 235, Radeon R5™ 230, Radeon™ R5 220 Series Graphics
  • AMD Radeon™ HD 8470, Radeon™ HD 8350, Radeon™ HD 8000 (D/G variants) Series Graphics
  • AMD Radeon™ HD 7000 – HD 7600 (including A/D/G/M variants) Series Graphics
  • AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 (including A/D/G/M variants) Series Graphics
  • AMD Radeon™ HD 5000 (including M variant) Series Graphics

AMD RADEON HD 6700 is on from the  AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 series.

You can read more about it here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-630 ( if for some reason the link does not work, just google :"amd 6000 legacy" and enter the 1st link from the official AMD site.)

---To download the driver go here : https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-non-gcn-16-2-1-beta  ( if for some reason the link does not work, just google: "amd crimson beta " and enter the 1st link from the official AMD site.)---   

Step 1. Download the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.2.1. 

Step 2. Run the program As Administrator.

Step 3. Click on Install You may also deselect some of the unneeded programs, such as "AMD GAMING EVOLVE and ect.)

AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.2.1. is a program that will automatically install your driver and a phew utility programs, which are not needed.

Hope I was of help.

Good luck

Man i swear you are a life saver I've been struggling for soo long to find out how to update my graphics card driver (i have the same one as you lol)
Thank you so so much for typing out such a detailed explanation and providing solution this is so generous of you! I am beyond grateful!
Hope you have a great day!