cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

elpetano
Adept I

Where is Switchable Graphics Tab in 19.12.2 (2020)?

Hello,

I'm not sure if it's there somewhere or it has some new name.

I have to set "Wallpaper Engine" and "OBS" on "Power Saving" or I will have only Black Screen.

In this version I can only choose between "Gaming" "Esport" and "Standart" and none of them solves my problems.

(This is how it looked in older versions https://www.amd.com/system/files/DH-017-05.png  )

16 Replies
qaaya
Adept I

I would also like to know if this has even been included as my laptop seems to be trying to run some games on the built in Vega rather than the discrete graphics card!

Did you check the computer Display options?

0 Likes

I'm pretty sure I've checked everywhere. There is no option!

0 Likes

"The 'switchable' function has been removed from the graphics drivers for Win10 starting with the new 'Adrenalin 2020'. The option is now located under  'Display' of your computer...."Graphics'. "

Yes I know about this funcion, but unfortunately this doesn't work at all for me.

I would check the apps you are running for updates..OBS,etc. because the function is working correctly.

0 Likes

Everything is updated and as you can see, I'm not the only one who has this problem: https://community.amd.com/thread/246289 

qaaya
Adept I

I seeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Thank you thank you thank you thank you!

0 Likes
taru
Adept II

Switchable Graphics option have been removed and no longer supported in the latest driver. Users with switchable graphics platform must use Graphics Settings option in Windows 10 OS.

For reference https://www.top-password.com/blog/enable-high-performance-gpu-for-windows-10-apps-or-games/

0 Likes

The 'switchable' function has been removed from the graphics drivers for Win10 starting with the new 'Adrenalin 2020'. The option is now located under  'Display' of your computer...."Graphics'.

0 Likes
avendorz
Adept II

Still not fixed in february.

The only solution is probably to stay with the latest 2019 adrenalin driver.

0 Likes

I had same black screen problem with OBS, and I got fix.

Right click on deskstop > display settings > Graphics Settings > Browse (C:\Program Files\obs-studio\bin\64bit) > select OBS64 > click ok > now click options and select "Power Saving" and save.

Restart OBS if opened and booooom it's fixed now.

0 Likes
vishwas_luhana
Journeyman III

I had same black screen problem with OBS, and I got fix.

Right click on deskstop > display settings > Graphics Settings > Browse (C:\Program Files\obs-studio\bin\64bit) > select OBS64 > click ok > now click options and select "Power Saving" and save.

Restart OBS if opened and booooom it's fixed now.

0 Likes
manodeep_s
Adept II

Hi,

I am writing from my own PCs experience. My own PCs config is as under - 

System: HP 15 ba017ax laptop

Processor (APU): AMD A8-7410 with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics 2.20 Ghz

Installed RAM: 16.0 GB (14.9 GB usable)

Primary / Integrated Graphics Chipset: AMD Radeon(TM) R5 Graphics

Primary / Integrated Graphics Chipset Memory Size: 1024 MB

Discrete / Switchable Graphics Chipset: AMD Radeon (TM) R5 M330 (It is actually M430 - correctly identified by HP OEM drivers, but with AMD drivers it is identified as M330)

Discrete / Switchable Graphics Chipset Memory Size: 2048 MB (incorrectly identified as 1024 MB in Windows 10 task manager - performance tab)

I had seen all these messages wherein people find it impossible to make their discrete graphics chipset to work in Windows 10 with AMD Adrenalin 2020 drivers. Applications always tend to work with Primary / Integrated GPU, including measures like - Graphics settings in Win 10 settings etc.

Even I faced the same issue, wherein my games never used the discrete graphics and always forced my PC to work with the Primary / Integrated GPU causing serious slowdown of my PC. Graphics settings in my OS showed same GPU name in both power saving and High performance and selecting high performance there had no effects. Finally, I found a solution to my issues, which I am sharing with all - 

It is the Primary / Integrated GPU which is connected to display through hardware connection. The discrete graphics chip is not built as a separate hardware unit in my motherboard to be detected in the graphics settings of Win 10 under high performance tab. It is like a co-processor (a subset of the primary GPU) which need to be made visible to OS for usage through separate software, which is graphics driver. Once made visible to OS, it shares the hardware connection of the Primary / Integrated GPU to display for its performance. Now which driver to use.

I found AMD Radeon software version 19.11.1 https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-19-11-1  to be the latest one to provide switchable graphics tab, allow the High Performance GPU (Discrete / Switchable GPU) to be assigned to individual applications run on the system and the same is captured in the performance tab of Win 10 task manager while such applications are running. Also for the applications, I had assigned the Discrete / Switchable GPU (high performance GPU) in AMD radeon settings, I had also set them to high performance in Win 10 graphics settings to avoid any conflict from OS, though in there both GPUs are shown as same.

Any version after 19.11.1 gets into the ambit of Adrenalin 2020 wherein such switchable graphics options are unavailable. Adrenalin 2020 assumes that the graphics settings of Win10 will do this task of switchable graphics, but it seems Win 10 does not identify the co-processor model of discrete / switchable graphics.

Thus, it would be wise to stay at this level of graphics drivers till the time switchable options are restored in future adrenalin versions of radeon settings. Do let me know, if such measures helped you or not.

Thanks.

0 Likes
manodeep_s
Adept II

One correction to my last post. The last Radeon version of Adrenalin 2019 is 19.12.1 https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-19-12-1 

From 19.12.2 it enters into the foray of Adrenalin 2020. 

If anyone wants, may upgrade last to 19.12.1 to retain switchable graphics options and get latest performance upgrade simultaneously.

I did it myself on my system and it worked.

Thanks

0 Likes

hello i use a lenovo z50 laptop with radeon TM R6 graphics as the primary integrated gpu. I followed your process and downgraded to the 2019 version that has a switchable graphics tab. but even after setting one of my games to high performance the game still runs on my primary gpu

0 Likes