cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

dave_g
Adept I

Re: Where is option for Color Calibration in Relive version of drivers?

The point is there's no indication they will add this back as they haven't for the other missing options, plus new drivers are frequently needed to fix issues with new games so using older drivers is not always a practical option.

"Use the older drivers" is an absolutely pointless response in a support forum which is primarily used to raise issues with drivers. You could have that response for every thread on here, the reason for this forums existence is to pass along customer concerns/issues to the development team.

redfury
Big Boss

i am not responsible for 16.12.1 stupid innovations and errors. If you need color control (FOR NOW) you need to use 16.11.5 and wait clarification about this issue in 16.12.1    I think many people (including me) are waiting this clarification.

0 Likes
s_valentin
Adept II

Has anyone tried to use and older version of catalyst center (now known as Additional Settings)? For SOME programs, you can simply Copy/Paste it's files and it will still work because it doesn't need files that are installed in other place.

I'm asking this because I know for sure (just tried it), that you can copy the files from "C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD" (Windows x64 users), in another location, and you can still use "Radeon Additional Settings" (driver 16.11.5).

And that button from "AMD Radeon Settings", under preferences, is just launching "CCC.exe" file from "C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD\CNext\CCCSlim" (again Windows x64 users).

The point of this, is that if you have the new driver (ReLive edition), you may still be able to use the old "Radeon Additional Settings", with the options you need.

If someone want to try this with me (and has ReLive edition installed), just send me a private message, and I'll tell you what to do, and also i'll send you the old version of "Radeon Additional Settings". I would try this on my PC, but that would mean to uninstall my current driver (6.11.5), reinstall ReLive driver, and if it doesn't work, I would have to reinstall driver 16.11.5.

0 Likes
dave_g
Adept I

Again, duh. I know you have nothing to do with it. Your suggestion is obvious and therefore pointless.

0 Likes
s_valentin
Adept II

I tried what I said in my previous reply, and it worked. Now I have "Crimson ReLive Edition" with the old "Radeon Additional Settings".

First, you need "Radeon Additional Settings" from a previous driver version (I use 16.11.5, because there I have what I need). To get that, you can send me a private message and I can give you those files, but only from version 16.11.5, I don't have them from another version. Or (if you want to do it yourself) you can install any driver version you want (Crimson Edition, I don't know if it will work with older version), then go to "C:\Program Files (x86)" and copy AMD folder to another location. Then uninstall what driver version you used, and then install Crimson ReLive. DON'T FORGET TO RESTART YOU COMPUTER EVERY TIME IT IS NEEDED.

After installation is done, go to "C:\Program Files (x86)", delete AMD folder (you can make a backup of that if you want), but to be able to delete that folder, DON'T start anything from AMD, or else they may run in background and you won't be able to delete that folder. In case you started it by mistake, then restart you computer.

After you deleted it, simply copy the AMD folder you have from a previous driver you want/have, and you are done. Now you have the old "Radeon Additional Settings" with all the options you want. You can even start it directly from "AMD Radeon Settings" under "Preferences" tab.

tyrantilles
Adept I

I BADLY need 3 features that were removed from AMD Software and I can't see them yet on Relive Software:

1. Profiles. (I need to be able to create user profiles for color, contrast, gamma, etc. for quick load.)

2. Image enhancement. (Possibility to adjust Contrast - Brightness - Gamma)

3. Color Calibration. (Possibility to adjust Red - Green - Blue)

What s.valentin suggest might work, but this is still a hack and ultimately I need these features well integrated in AMD Software. I don't understand at all why AMD would remove such essential features from their driver interface. I use my computer in different light environment ranging from full sun, to complete dark and I need to adjust monitor Contrast - Brightness - Gamma and Color temperature ALL THE TIME. Is no way I can do this from the hard accessible monitor buttons and the result won't be the same anyway. Even very old versions of drivers from intel, nvidia, and amd support these basic functions.

Because of this problem I am forced to use a very old Catalyst driver, that at least have these basic functions still working. Of course, by doing that I lose all the goodies that come with the new software.

Please AMD team, bring back these essential features.

ray_m
Community Manager
Community Manager

Your feedback has been noted and conveyed to the Driver Engineering team.

messer19
Adept I

I was so nervous about this issue that I returned my freshly-bought RX480. I hope this will be fixed at all.

0 Likes
s_valentin
Adept II

Yeah, I don't think my solution will work for what you want. Some of those options were removed before Crimson release.

1. You still have "Presets" but you can't set a key, or a combination of keys to easily switch between them. Even so, they still don't work all the time. Almost all the time, all the presets have the last settings you chosen.

2. Contrast, Brightness, we still had until ReLive release (from what I understand). But not gamma. For that you need to use a tool from your OS.

I used a lot that profiles option in the past. It was very easy to use with the option to choose a set of keys to switch between them.

Let's hope what "ray_m" said, will happen. After all, you should NEVER REMOVE something what your costumers are using. You are only making them mad, and even some choose to by video cards from another manufacture.

0 Likes
hellie112
Adept I

I understand that you want to migrate the settings from the old control panel to the new control panel. But maybe the developers should wait removing these settings (from the old panel) when they have successfully implemented in the new control panel.

A bit off-topic but the same goes for the extra settings like AMD steady view. You can only switch it on and off in the new control panel. And it’s now crap compared to the extra control we used to have in the old control panel. 

0 Likes