cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

igor007
Journeyman III

Where is option for Color Calibration in Relive version of drivers?

Why did you removed this option from radeon additional settings? How to now adjust saturation and other settings?

0 Likes
36 Replies
s_valentin
Adept II

Re: Where is option for Color Calibration in Relive version of drivers?

I think they have a problem with this version of the driver. I can't even start "Radeon Additional Settings", and is not just me, some other people are having the same problem. Maybe the driver has some problems when you install it (some thing are missing, or something like that), or I don't know, but almost sure, we won't have this problem when they release the next update.

0 Likes
redfury
Big Boss

Those settings have been removed. Use previous driver if you need them.

0 Likes
kingfish
MVP

0 Likes
s_valentin
Adept II

Why do you keep giving us that link. If you read what igor007 said, you would have known that he COULD OPEN Raden Additional Settings, but the link you posted is to a thread in which the author COULD NOT OPEN Radeon Additional Settings.

0 Likes
kingfish
MVP

Because it's a issue. Some people have no issue at all. Some people with it open, don't have the required option. The point is...report it to AMD.

s_valentin
Adept II

You could have said that in the first place. Honestly, if another thread had as title some other problem then I have (in this case, igor007 problem), why would I waste my time reading the answers to that problem, in hope that someone was offtopic has explained another problem?

If it's true, you should have said what "redfury" said:

"Those settings have been removed. Use previous driver if you need them."

Not trying to argue with someone else, because that won't help anyone.

0 Likes
dave_g
Adept I

I believe people realize this. The question is why?

The annoying thing is that this happened with the advanced video settings & features like multi-monitor hotkeys. At the time (over a year ago), we were told the functionality such as gamma and vibrancy sliders would be returning to the new control panel eventually, yet they have yet to appear. Now with the desktop colour settings being removed, more functionality has been reduced with no explanation. If they're not going to migrate them, at least keep them in the old CP.

The problem with the desktop colour settings being nixed in particular is a problem for HDTV's, as with many when you select PC Input as a source you get the most 'pure' picture without added processing by the TV - but colour settings such as saturation are grayed out. Adjusting these from the desktop was the only way to get decent colour saturation while preserving text clarity. Even my monitor has this issue, colour saturation is only available when selecting Theatre mode which is not ideal.

qwixt
Forerunner

It seems really stupid to intentionally remove color saturation from the settings. So I hope this is only a temp thing like a bug.

redfury
Big Boss

16.12.1 reminds me Win 10. If it is a crap,why are you using it? Driver is broken.Just don't use it until it will be fixed.

0 Likes