cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

salisburysenior
Journeyman III

Where can I obtain the current video driver for AMD FX-8150

I've received 'error messages' saying my AMD driver is out of date and also a message that atikmdag.sys is an unsigned driver.   Where can I obtain the needed updates?

0 Likes
9 Replies

You don't need drivers for your CPU (the FX 8150 is a CPU) atikmdag.sys is a GPU driver component so you need to identify your graphics card and then download appropriate drivers for that

Thank you for your reply.  I am aware FX 8150 is a CPU, but my understanding is it also functions as a graphics card.  I am not aware of a separate graphics card in my computer and the AMD FX 8150 is the only AMD device I could find listed in the information I have.  Since this is a HP computer, I went to their website and ended with a 'Driver Support' application which didn't solve the problem.  Whereas the computer initially worked fine, the problem started when I replaced the HD and reinstalled Windows 10.  I'm not sure where to go from here.  

On Monday, April 22, 2019, 8:02:44 AM EDT, kingfish <amd-external@jiveon.com> wrote:

|

Community

|

kingfish marked kahless_uk's reply on Where can I obtain the current video driver for AMD FX-8150 as helpful. View the full reply

Marked as helpful:

You don't need drivers for your CPU (the FX 8150 is a CPU) atikmdag.sys is a GPU driver component so you need to identify your graphics card and then download appropriate drivers for that

Following Where can I obtain the current video driver for AMD FX-8150 in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

0 Likes

These are all the FX APUs (CPU with integrated Graphics) from AMD Download page:

The FX 8150 is a regular CPU without graphics. If your computer is a desktop and has a FX 8150, then you must have a separate GPU card installed. If your Video cable is connected to the Motherboard itself, then you have a different CPU installed.

The FX APUs seems to be installed in laptops only.  So if you have a desktop you are not using a FX APU rather a desktop FX CPU. If you have a laptop then you are using a APU but you must identify it by using one of the two programs below.

Download GPU-Z and run it. It should identify what type of Graphics you have installed on your computer or download SPECCY which will tell you what Processor and GPU you have installed. Either will help you know what type of graphics you have installed.

I've run Speccy and found the video card as ATI AMD Radeon HD 6670.  See attached files.  It is getting late here, so I'll look for a driver tomorrow.   I'm wondering if my problems extend beyond a video driver.  My computer is running very slowly.  It took 2 hours to download Speccy, run it and get the data.  In the process, I received three 'Your computer has a problem and needs to reboot' screens.  I may need to throw $ at the problem and get a new computer.  Thank you for all of your help.  

On Monday, April 22, 2019, 9:03:36 PM EDT, kingfish <amd-external@jiveon.com> wrote:

|

Community

|

kingfish marked elstaci's reply on Where can I obtain the current video driver for AMD FX-8150 as helpful. View the full reply

Marked as helpful:

These are all the FX APUs (CPU with integrated Graphics) from AMD Download page:

https://community.amd.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-2909215-147738/1600-536/pastedImage_1.png

The FX 8150 is a regular CPU without graphics. If your computer is a desktop and has a FX 8150, then you must have a separate GPU card installed. If your Video cable is connected to the Motherboard itself, then you have a different CPU installed.

Download GPU-Z and run it. It should identify what type of Graphics you have installed on your computer or download SPECCY which will tell you what Processor and GPU you have installed. Either will help you know what type of graphics you have installed.

Following Where can I obtain the current video driver for AMD FX-8150 in these streams: Inbox

You may unsubscribe instantly from Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

0 Likes

I forgot the attachments on the previous email.  Here they are:

On Monday, April 22, 2019, 9:03:36 PM EDT, kingfish <amd-external@jiveon.com> wrote:

|

Community

|

kingfish marked elstaci's reply on Where can I obtain the current video driver for AMD FX-8150 as helpful. View the full reply

Marked as helpful:

https://community.amd.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-2909215-147738/1600-536/pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes

That processor has no integrated graphics. Run Speccy and see what it says your graphics are.

These are the last / latest drivers for your graphics card. The graphics card is a older model and no longer supported with the current drivers. It is considered legacy.

AMD Radeon™ HD 6670 Drivers & Support | AMD 

Well, that did not work out.  I downloaded the Catalyst Software Suite and tried to install the driver.  It seemed to be working OK and got to the install screen when my computer screen went blank.  I let it sit there for about 10 minutes and then rebooted the computer.  Now all I get on the computer is a blank screen after the 'swirly things'.   Looks like I may have to format the HD and start from scratch again.  Any other ideas?

On Monday, April 22, 2019, 11:23:49 PM EDT, kingfish <amd-external@jiveon.com> wrote:

|

Community

Re: Where can I obtain the current video driver for AMD FX-8150

in Drivers & Software

These are the drivers for your graphics card. The graphics card is a older model and no longer supported with the current drivers. It is considered legacy.

AMD Radeon™ HD 6670 Drivers & Support

AMD 

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Community

SHARE THE LOVE! Help other developers by marking replies to your questions as Helpful or Correct. If you are the original question asker, you can mark replies as Helpful or Correct by:

- Go to the message on Community (you’ll need to log in).

- Click on either the Helpful Answer button or the Correct Answer button.

- Pat yourself on the back! You’ve helped others who have the same question as you by telling them which replies are helpful and correct.

|

0 Likes

I was able to restore the computer to an earlier point and then tried to install the graphics driver again.  It got to about the 50% point of installing the graphics driver and then the screen went blank (dark) again.  Any suggestions?

On Monday, April 22, 2019, 11:23:49 PM EDT, kingfish <amd-external@jiveon.com> wrote:

|

Community

Re: Where can I obtain the current video driver for AMD FX-8150

in Drivers & Software

These are the drivers for your graphics card. The graphics card is a older model and no longer supported with the current drivers. It is considered legacy.

AMD Radeon™ HD 6670 Drivers & Support

AMD 

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Community

SHARE THE LOVE! Help other developers by marking replies to your questions as Helpful or Correct. If you are the original question asker, you can mark replies as Helpful or Correct by:

- Go to the message on Community (you’ll need to log in).

- Click on either the Helpful Answer button or the Correct Answer button.

- Pat yourself on the back! You’ve helped others who have the same question as you by telling them which replies are helpful and correct.

|

0 Likes