cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

lehuh72
Journeyman III

Where can I find drivers for AMD Radeon HD 8600M Series?

I tried to update drivers for my card, but Radeon software cannot do it itself, and I can't find this card at AMD website! Where should I search for it?

#hd 8600m

0 Likes
1 Solution

First the Intel Processor you posted is a APU (Processor with Integrated Graphics): Intel® Core™ i3-3217U Processor (3M Cache, 1.80 GHz) Product Specifications 

Also GPU-Z is showing the current AMD driver seems to be installed correctly and working the way it should.

I went to HP Support for your laptop and it doesn't show any AMD Graphics driver for your laptop for Windows 10. Only Intel Graphics driver. Then I changed Windows 10 to either Windows 7 or 8.1 and it does have AMD Graphics driver and it shows the exact 86xxM GPU card you have installed: Driver - HP Pavilion 15-n259sr Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR) | HP® Customer Support 

Your laptop for future reference seems to have a HD 8670M GPU CARD. Here is the latest AMD Driver for Windows 10: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-hd/amd-radeon-hd-8000m-series/amd-radeon-hd-8670m... 

IMPORTANT: For the latest AMD Driver for Windows 10 to work correctly in your laptop, all Intel Drivers especially the Intel Graphics and CHIPSET Driver should be the latest versions. You can download and use Intel's own Driver Updater to update all Intel Drivers in your laptop called INTEL DRIVER & SUPPORT ASSISTANT: Intel® Driver & Support Assistant 

Also Windows 10 must be fully updated via Windows Update since AMD latest Drivers may use Windows latest Updates for the driver to run correctly.

Also update your laptop BIOS to the latest last version F.71 Version A from 2017.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Please post the exact Laptop Model you have and what APU (Intel or AMD) you have installed?

Also post an image of GPU-Z to see which 8600M Series GPU card you have installed in case you have an Intel APU Processor.

0 Likes

Laptop: HP Pavilion 15-n259sr
Windows 10 for now
I have no APU on my Laptop, just CPU and GPU
CPU: Intel Core i3-3217U
pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes

8600 SERIES...is not a graphics card...it's a series of cards .. which one do you have? Try clicking 'Lookup' on GPUZ.

When I started my reply you hadn't answered yet but when I posted my reply I noticed you had posted a reply already

0 Likes

First the Intel Processor you posted is a APU (Processor with Integrated Graphics): Intel® Core™ i3-3217U Processor (3M Cache, 1.80 GHz) Product Specifications 

Also GPU-Z is showing the current AMD driver seems to be installed correctly and working the way it should.

I went to HP Support for your laptop and it doesn't show any AMD Graphics driver for your laptop for Windows 10. Only Intel Graphics driver. Then I changed Windows 10 to either Windows 7 or 8.1 and it does have AMD Graphics driver and it shows the exact 86xxM GPU card you have installed: Driver - HP Pavilion 15-n259sr Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR) | HP® Customer Support 

Your laptop for future reference seems to have a HD 8670M GPU CARD. Here is the latest AMD Driver for Windows 10: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-hd/amd-radeon-hd-8000m-series/amd-radeon-hd-8670m... 

IMPORTANT: For the latest AMD Driver for Windows 10 to work correctly in your laptop, all Intel Drivers especially the Intel Graphics and CHIPSET Driver should be the latest versions. You can download and use Intel's own Driver Updater to update all Intel Drivers in your laptop called INTEL DRIVER & SUPPORT ASSISTANT: Intel® Driver & Support Assistant 

Also Windows 10 must be fully updated via Windows Update since AMD latest Drivers may use Windows latest Updates for the driver to run correctly.

Also update your laptop BIOS to the latest last version F.71 Version A from 2017.