cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ludogoretsrazgrad
Journeyman III

Re: Where are the new drivers? The Witcher 3 - Wild Hunt is out? Is that why I bought AMD over Nvidia?

Did you ever thought why does people whine everywhere,but the parties that can do something about it? All product companies (not only AMD or Nvidia,but the gaming itself).. Ubisoft,Rockstar,EA..etc  they are like hidden mouses underground,and not showing their faces in real life,but only do what they do..   Why don't someone from AMD just once get in here,and WRITE a reply,saying for example,if they are working on fixing the problem? But why bother? It's just a waste of time to talk to costumers. People need to be inspired,so they can send issues in their AMD Issue Reporting Form.. How can people be so sure,that AMD even reads what issues people send in the AMD Issue reporting form? Now you will say AMD doesn't have time to reply in all topics? well they should hire more people to do it.

In my experience,I can confirm that the people working in the "Product companies" only care about getting their wage.. I bet the American worldwide semiconductor company Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) consist of 5 enginners,drinking beers,and eating fries,while clicking on the keyboard,and not only AMD but all.

0 Likes
kingfish
MVP

Re: Where are the new drivers? The Witcher 3 - Wild Hunt is out? Is that why I bought AMD over Nvidia?

Cool you mark your own twisted answer "correct answer"

0 Likes
Cornugon
Miniboss

I wish I could have such a job where I can drink beers and eat fries all day long

0 Likes
ludogoretsrazgrad
Journeyman III

Yeah I did,but then I immediately undid it,although it WAS the correct answer

0 Likes
ludogoretsrazgrad
Journeyman III

Try you're luck in AMD's company

0 Likes
baseballpunt
Adept I

It is. Try googling before accusing. My temps run just fine. Just like everyone else's. We can play on Ultra, or low, and crash ONLY in combat, and ONLY when Geralt gets hit for 500+ damage (for me) or when you land a killing blow, or the blow that opens combat. No normal damaging hit crashes, and low damage is fine too.

0 Likes
natasha
Elite

I have written this post to say that this is general careless attitude of the AMD team to writing of drivers. And that the waiting for two weeks is nothing compared with complete impossibility of using GPU because of absence of working drivers.

0 Likes
veseljak81
Adept II

https://community.amd.com/thread/180209

some problem whit more ppl

0 Likes
rust
Adept II

Thats strange and it looks like game error not amd. But first i would eliminate overheating. I dont think anyone here will work for you or will googlle your problem. We're not amd support team. We are guys with other technical problems trying to help ech other. So could you paste here screenshot with temps which i asked? So we could eliminate most obvious reason of hanging inside combat which happens on one videocard model only. Than we will go to second and third possible reason. That is an elimination process. So if you want me to help you show me the mone.... show me the temps Anyhow good luck guys solving the problem

EDIT: it looks like CDPR is aware and fixing this problem so cheer up, and rest of us are still waiting AMD........

0 Likes
kingfish
MVP

People seem to forget other game titles that were released with Nvidia optimizations...such as

Read the article:

Why 'Watch Dogs' Is Bad News For AMD Users

""

“Participation in the Gameworks program often precludes the developer from accepting AMD suggestions that would improve performance directly in the game code—the most desirable form of optimization.”

So a partner studio like Ubisoft can suggest or write enhancements to the GameWorks libraries, but AMD isn’t allowed to see those changes or suggest their own.

“The code obfuscation makes it difficult to perform our own after-the-fact driver optimizations, as the characteristics of the game are hidden behind many layers of circuitous and non-obvious routines,” Hallock continues. “This change coincides with NVIDIA’s decision to remove all public Direct3D code samples from their site in favor of a ‘contact us for licensing’ page. AMD does not engage in, support, or condone such activities.”""

0 Likes