cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

rust
Adept II

Re: Where are the new drivers? The Witcher 3 - Wild Hunt is out? Is that why I bought AMD over Nvidia?

ludogoretsrazgrad​ I think its ours fault, but not because we bought AMD. Its because we bought any nvidia product before. Nvidia take more money from us for geforces and pays this money to AAA games studios to use their Gamework libraries like this time. Their last gamework code update for wicher killed radeon performance.

So nvidia used my money wchich i overpayed for my last geforce 760 and used it against me to make me  buy nvidia next time. Sorry guys for this flame i couldnt resist. I'm tired this green/red war, and i'm tired AMD taking a.ss kicked stiupidly by nvidia every time like this:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/140859-Witcher-3-AMD-Performance-Sabotaged-By-Nvidia

0 Likes
veks
Journeyman III

Re: Where are the new drivers? The Witcher 3 - Wild Hunt is out? Is that why I bought AMD over Nvidia?

Nvidia cards work but only 970, 980 and Titan X. Everything bellow that (and including) classic Titan have half of the framerates as Amd.

0 Likes
veseljak81
Adept II

Combat Crashes with AMD R9 285

First to explain the problem. The game randomly freezes and crashes when in combat (mostly happens the second I hit the monster with my sword or a sign). It is extremely random and but constantly occurring; I keep loading up the game just to fight again and pray I don't crash.

Now, I've tried every suggestion posted on the stickied thread and others sources. No solution yet.

I've ran several tests on every piece of hardware and everything comes back healthy, every time.

I've completely uninstalled drivers and reinstalled previous stable versions and the newest beta version to no avail.

When searching around the web about crashing during combat I see that there's always a R9 285 involved; I responded to this Reddit thread [with some minor spoilers](http://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comm..._the_shrieker/) where I linked to other people having this problem.

I'm not sure what to do know as I just keep getting this sour feeling whenever I crash amidst an awesome fight.

Have you heard of anyone else having this problem using another card?

What else do you think I can do in order to enjoy this game?

0 Likes
rust
Adept II

i suggest you to check gpu and vram temps while playing. Use something like msi afterburner, options -> monitoring

0 Likes
veseljak81
Adept II

Another thread with several people with the same problem, I believe there's enough proof that there's a problem with this card. (http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threa...ng-combat-ONLY)

0 Likes
rust
Adept II

It could be. It could be bad cooling solution. DID you check both temps GPU and VRAM while in game?

0 Likes
Cornugon
Miniboss

There are even rumors/claims of nVidia deliberately crippling performance of Kepler-cards, since in some recent benchmarks the GTX 780Ti apparently gets outperformed by a regular R9 290.

Wether this is true remains to be seen ofcourse...

0 Likes
veseljak81
Adept II

all is Ok whit  temp (

PowerColor TurboDuo R9 285 2GB GDDR5 OC

)  turbo duo cooling work fine, not is this problem

0 Likes
rust
Adept II

what did you paste here? product description of some oc'ed card? Check those temps, no one will help you if you are to lazy to check it. sorry mate.. I dont think your problem is a technical one...

0 Likes
kingfish
MVP

My experience has been, that the vast majority of people having any issue with anything tend to whine to each other and the world instead of making their issue known to the parties that can do something about it. A

AMD has a special form that goes directly to the Catalyst Team who are responsible for investigating problems with AMD graphics drivers and correcting any issues. So ask yourself how many of the whiners you quote have sent a report in? And the few that do, whine because AMD doesn't respond directly to them. The way it works is this..when the AMD Catalyst Team receives multiple reports (not just one or two) they try to duplicate the issue on the many different computer set-ups they have. If it can be duplicated, it is addressed and you will see a fix in the form of a Beta driver.

So your best bet is to send a report in, and share the report link on any of the forums you frequent. Explaining to them that sending the report in does not open a dialog with AMD. Report it. Thank you. The end.

AMD Issue Reporting Form

0 Likes