cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Where are the new drivers? The Witcher 3 - Wild Hunt is out? Is that why I bought AMD over Nvidia?

Why is there no any new drivers? How can Nvidia release their drivers,2 weeks before a huge game is coming out,but AMD 2 weeks after,and sometimes never? AMD,why dont you put stickers on you're products,saying "Nvidia is better then AMD"  ? This way,people will know what to buy..  You AMD could only fix the Screen Tearing,with the newest Freesync technology,but of course we have to pay 500$ for a new monitor?  In Nvidia,except G-sync,we can solve in most cases the tearing,with Adaptive V-sync,but with AMD? nothing can solve it.. not even Radeonpro. I know only 1 program that can fix the screen tearing,but it works only on old PC GAMES, like Far Cry 3 and older,and that is D3DOvverider.  If I knew that AMD are so desperate,I would of never bought an AMD GPU,and if you don't start doing something about it,I will definitely get rid of my amd video card,and get myself an Nvidia. And don't say "AMD won't care about 1 guy".. you have to comply EVERYBODY.

Oh and one more thing.. STOP paying the gaming companies to increase the "System Requirements" in their newest games,so we can buy your newest Graphic Cards. This new game The Witcher 3 got the same graphics like AC4 Black Flag, and the requirements are farrr to high.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
65 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: Where are the new drivers? The Witcher 3 - Wild Hunt is out? Is that why I bought AMD over Nvidia?

The Witcher 3 is an nVidia Gameworks title, which means nVidia paid them to use proprietary nVidia code. That's why there aren't any new drivers yet.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Re: Where are the new drivers? The Witcher 3 - Wild Hunt is out? Is that why I bought AMD over Nvidia?

dude u are complaining about an nvidia title game. have a look how amd handle games which they handle.

seriously flaming like this goes nowhere.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Elite
Elite

You are lucky! You was waiting for the needed driver just for two weeks!

I cannot use my card for ~1.5 years, because with a proprietary driver under Linux (I don't use Windows -- Linux is much more convenient for my work) Intel/AMD hybrid graphics completely doesn't work on ATI card... Black screen is obtained.

I have tried to obtain help here:

AMD Support forum: Intel HD 4000 + AMD Radeon HD 8750M + Linux

openSUSE forum: Настройка Intel/ATI графики (RU)

openSUSE forum: AMD / Intel drivers problem (EN)

AMD Developers' forum: AMD Radeon HD 8750M driver problem.

There are a lot of other groups, trying to solve this:

Ubuntu forum: AMD/Intel Hybrid Graphics works -- seems, it works for some elder cards, but for Radeon HD 8xxxM doesn't;

Ubuntu forum: Using my AMD Radeon™ HD 8750M Graphics in 13.04;

ArchLinux forum:  Radeon HD 8750m card issues;

ArchLinux forum: The AMD/ATI Bar & Grill -- a lot of anything, but nothing working for hybrids;

Russian Fedora: Драйвер ATI catalyst (fglrx) (RU) -- nothing helpful for hybrids;

Unofficial AMD Bugzilla: Bug 1019 - Failed to start X;

Unofficial AMD Bugzilla: Bug 1129 - X.org segfault,

etc.

Correspondence with AMD Support also hasn't help -- they stopped responding...

Looks like AMD team didn't even try to test their drivers on Intel/AMD systems under Linux and doesn't care about this...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

ludogoretsrazgrad you complain all you like good for you m8y! In the end it all comes down to both AMD and Nvidia getting drivers for the latest AAA games on game lunch dates. My 295x2 with out good Crossfire Drivers can't drive my 4K settings i like so wake up AMD get us all some drivers thats all we REDs ask for! Roy@AMD Twitted new drivers next week, which was last week come on Nvidia have just released a new Driver today a Saturday!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Miniboss
Miniboss

He twittered last week there would be new drivers next week, which is starting this Monday (tomorrow)...

EDIT: Well I guess they won't be today...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Miniboss
Miniboss

I fail to see the link between The Witcher 3 and issues with Linux...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

It seems all cool games are nVidia Gameworks title..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Thats what I'm talking about... But it's not AMD's fault...It's ours fault,for buying AMD products... thats why they are cheaper,then Nvidia.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

well i m sad for this , but i think they are working on it with their max effort , thats what happen when developers go with other team , we should blame CD Project to be honest , they should've done like what GTA V did , they support both and they got 6 million copies sold .....

this is just sad ....

and i hope for Nvida fails badly , and now i support AMD to do the same , do something that cripple each game that they support .... this is just non sense for me .

its decition and we are paying for taking sides , its mattar of taste ......

-jawad

0 Kudos