cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

erichoooop
Journeyman III

When will the driver 20.5.1 come out?

As i said in the title when will the new driver come out?

1 Solution
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

15 Replies
Ray_AMD
Community Manager

Unfortunately, this information is not available.

mickeekung
Challenger

How can you know that it will be 20.5.1? Why it not be 20.4.3 or 20.5.0?

0 Likes

Because the build define "20" for Year, "5" for month and "1" to "4" for the week so it should be 2020 of May of the 1st week or 2nd week, etc (20.5.1, 20.5.2, 20.5.3...) it depends of when they release the driver.

erichoooop
Journeyman III

First of all it is not April anymore so there is no reason to release a 20.4.3. Second of all I've never seen a .0, it all starts with .1

It'll be out when it's ready. The only new game of note this month is Minecraft Dungeons at the end of the month, so AMD actually has time to work on quashing bugs. Wouldn't be surprised if this month's release was a WHQL release as well.

black_zion wrote:

It'll be out when it's ready. The only new game of note this month is Minecraft Dungeons at the end of the month, so AMD actually has time to work on quashing bugs. Wouldn't be surprised if this month's release was a WHQL release as well.

it is high time AMD offered all drivers as WHQL like their rival does, doing that would reduce problems galore fast

Everyone is waiting not for support of new games, but for solving old problems

accn wrote:

Everyone is waiting not for support of new games, but for solving old problems

now you see why i am sticking with my rx 480

I changed my rx 480 to rx 5700 half a year ago, which gave me +70% performance and +100% headache

accn wrote:

I changed my rx 480 to rx 5700 half a year ago, which gave me +70% performance and +100% headache

remember: speed kills 

0 Likes

More like AMD kills its reputation

Saint's Row 3 Remastered comes this month too.

Edit: It came and no update. Windows 10 2004 as well as Minecraft Dungeons release 5/26 and the current driver does not install on Windows 10 2004, time to get the popcorn I guess.

Edit 2: Still no update, they often release on Thursday/Friday so that's the new time I guess?

Edit 3 boogaloo: 20.4.2 is WHQL now. Maybe the installer got fixed, 20.4.2 did work until I rebooted. Or maybe it's still broken on Windows 10 2004.

Edit 4: Nothing changed but I got 20.4.2 to install on my laptop by letting Windows install stock drivers over it and roll "back" to 20.4.2. And it's working on 2004.

0 Likes

If they only had an idea of how to fix their drivers then it would of been a decent deal to get their GPUs ovbiously it is not worth it.

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

It's available to download here. https://www.amd.com/en/support