cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

lupanama
Adept I

When will Radeon Software Andrenaline release version for linux?

When will there be a Radeon Software Andrenaline release version for linux?
Not all Linux users are experts. Many people who use manjaro, void linux, sparky linux, fedora, and linux mint are not because they are experts. They still want to play. There are also designers. They (myself included) just prefer buying new hardware instead of paying for a license to make their device vulnerable from the root (I mean OS). Wouldn't it be advantageous for AMD if their users grew wider?

I have R5 Graphics and R5 M420 in one laptop. Now I can't use R5 M420 on linux because of many problems. I draw using Krita, Gimp, and sometimes Inkscape. My younger brother often uses Kdenlive on my laptop but the performance is really bad.

6 Replies
xdyene
Journeyman III

I agree with you. I am kdenlive user too. Greetings to your little brother

affandobleh
Journeyman III

I'm also a Kdenlive user, but use Gimp a lot too. Btw, what OS are you using? I am using Void Linux but it seems very difficult to use AMD propietary driver on Void Linux. Do I have to go back to using a bloated OS like Ubuntu just to try openCL? Or compile it with my own hands? Seriously?

I've dual booted with Void Linux this week. It's good. But i've the same problem. Even worse than at Linux Mint. Sad

0 Likes
danobac749
Journeyman III

If linux had this software, this would be better for everyone, Please bring Adrenalin to linux!!

angelok1979
Journeyman III

So many updates for Windows - not enoutght time for Linux brothers :manvery-happy:

No way no more after 20.7.2 mother pack.

Alik
0 Likes

I think because it's hard to make it stable on windows. Many linux distros are open sourced, so AMD developers can easier to learn and adapt this software for linux (even packages). I hope the AMD Adrenaline on linux is open sourced too. So, that it's can be fast to adapt in many linux distros and easy to people to correct the code. I know there are open source driver on linux, but it's poor on feature. And many child and common user who use Manjaro, Linux mint, Solus OS, or VoidLinux are want a GUI to set their GPU