cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

daveaphoto
Adept I

When updating to 18.5, the resolution options under VSR are limited, is this by design?

I was able to use 1080p on my laptop, but now I cant. I updated from the previous version (18.4.1, I believe)

I aware that I am not providing much information, but I am not at my laptop right now. Has this happened before? Why would resolutions be limited? Is there a workaround?

I can certainly roll back to an earlier version, but what is the best way to do that? A clean uninstall? I tried an uninstall from Windows settings last night and it hung at the same spot for a long time. Thoughts?

0 Likes
1 Solution

I know where it is located. There were no issues.

I did a clean uninstall and installed version 17.2.1 and voila, it appeared.

This is 100% an oversight on AMDs part.

PS it would behoove you to analyze the questions being asked. I have seen on other forum posts where erroneous things are being suggested. There is no need to reinvent the wheel when the issue wasnt an issue before. Clearly, by the power of deduction, it was the software. Roll back to an older verison and voila, it works. No need to chase ghosts, do deep uninstalls, or indicate the model of the laptop and what factory it was made in. Probably solved.

Thanks for the effort, nonetheless.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
14 Replies

Without further information, you can read this. If this isn't sufficient, please supply > INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

How to Enable and Configure AMD Virtual Super Resolution

0 Likes

The only information I can really gather is the model (it's a laptop. I filled out the rest as best as I could below):

HP 15-ba061dx

• AMD Graphics Card
    • Not sure (I'd actually like to know)
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • see above
  • Operating System
    • Windows 10 64bit
  • Driver version installed
  • Display Devices
    • laptop
  • Motherboard + Bios Revision
    • Make and model; e.g. Asus P8P67 Deluxe Bios Version 6643
  • CPU/APU
    • whatever comes with that laptop - I believe A12-9700P Radeon R7, 10 cores 2.5ghz is what is being asked for
  • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
    • see last section
  • Amount of memory installed 16gb
0 Likes

Disregard

0 Likes

Never mind, I found it.

This is the correct driver (18.7.1) APU

Follow the directions for a clean install. Disconnect your laptop from the internet until you have finished uninstalling/installing the new AMD driver and rebooted your computer.

Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

DDU has new instructions..make sure you have the latest version

0 Likes

Thank you. I will attempt this in a few.

No dice.

Went into safe mode. Ran DDU. Made sure I wasnt connected to the internet.

Rebooted. Ran the install (that I received from your link above)

Ran that install. Didnt mention "clean install" but I am guessing that is because I didnt have anyting left in the AMD folder.

Checked display....see below. virtual resolution is not supported. Which.....I would humbly accept....if it werent for the fact that I was running it on this same exact laptop a few versions ago. Thoughts?

amd rad.JPG

0 Likes

1920x1080 is a supported resolution...hmm. Try turning GPU scaling off. Reboot your computer. See if they are available now. This has been mentioned on the forum before.

0 Likes

Still nothing, even after doing as you instructed. super resolution not supported.

Can you direct me to one of those posts on the forum? (I can search, yes, but I was curious if you knew of one that mentioned this explicitly)

0 Likes

I hesitate to link this, I hope you are smart enough to figure it out...but this is the only source . This is not a laptop...

Missing VSR resolutions.. NEED TO RECOGNIZE THIS AS A BUG AND REPORT IT.

0 Likes

Capture.JPG

0 Likes

BTW...have you made any changes in the bios?

In Device Manager...any 'yellow' marks?

0 Likes

In Device Manager

0 Likes

I know where it is located. There were no issues.

I did a clean uninstall and installed version 17.2.1 and voila, it appeared.

This is 100% an oversight on AMDs part.

PS it would behoove you to analyze the questions being asked. I have seen on other forum posts where erroneous things are being suggested. There is no need to reinvent the wheel when the issue wasnt an issue before. Clearly, by the power of deduction, it was the software. Roll back to an older verison and voila, it works. No need to chase ghosts, do deep uninstalls, or indicate the model of the laptop and what factory it was made in. Probably solved.

Thanks for the effort, nonetheless.

0 Likes

Without seeing your computer or your level of computer savvy, have to ask the basic things...which is where most problems originate. Regardless, happy you found your solution. Have a good day

0 Likes