cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

weirdspeed
Adept I

When shall I test my RX6900 again? CTDs in MSFS 2020 since switch to AMD. Not with Nvidia.

Guys, I am about to give up on the XFX RX 6900 XT. I have been using the card since early March 2021. I have been experiencing between 10 and 20 CTDs per day since then. It's just frustrating.

I am happy to take any suggestions. The list of measures I have taken is so long that I can't post it here. I have even isolated my system and tried running Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 on a brand new M.2 SSD with a brand new Windows 10 installation.

I am posting here because the bug report tool does not work since the insertion of my trusty Gigabyte Windforce RTX 2080 Ti.

What's funny is that I have not had these crashes since the acquisition of MSFS whilst running the RTX 2080 Ti. Neither did I have any issues with the MSI RTX 3090 Gaming X ´Trio which I subsequently sold. And I do not have any issues with the RTX 2080 Ti since switching back to it. So, how can I not blame it on AMD?

I am aware that there might be other reasons in the particular piece of software I am running but fact is: no crashes, stutters or any issues with Nvidia at any time. Constant helplessness and incurable vcruntime140.dll errors with the RX 6900 XT according to the Win10 Security and Maintenance report. Flight Simulator trying to write to unallocated memory according to Visual Studio debugging which is essentially the same event.

Who is, if anyone, ever going to solve this dilemma? Please let me know when it is worth my time to test the AMD card again if you don't want to buy it.

Cheers!

My system specs:
Rio Toro Enigma G2 850W
MSI MEG ACE Z390
64GB dual channel Kingston KHX3600C18D4/32GX
Crucial CT1000P1SSD8 (M.2 NVMe SSD) for system
a mix of SATA HDDs and SSDs for storage

GPUs tested on this system:
MSI RTX 3090 Gaming X Trio
Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti Windforce (not the OC version but a whopping 120 MHz auto overclock on air cooling)
XFX RX 6900 XT

25 Replies