cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Cornugon
Miniboss

Re: When it launches 15.5 BETA driver ??

Well they probably ran into unforeseen issues, causing an unexpected delay. Which can happen.

The thing is that there's not much communication as to why it's taking longer than expected. And the fact that AMD fails to deliver 'game ready' drivers when games sponsored by the competition are released for quite some time just puts extra 'oil on the fire'.

Sure we can blame nVidia for being anti-competitive with their Gameworks, but instead of throwing mud and act like the bitten dog, AMD can also just choose to 'deal with it' and find a way to work around the issue. I'm sure when an nVidia representative says that devs are not restricted to use nVidia hardware (which is probably just a half-truth), there are ways to get back on nVidia on this.

Sure AAA-devs can just follow Rockstar's example and not cater to only nVidia or AMD (or embrace both), but that's not gonna happen.

0 Likes
qbtheslayer
Challenger

LOL...  these topics are funny.   How about you guys and gals try real patience.  I have been stuck on 13.12 forever.  My main use for my GPU is madVR and nothing since 13.12 performs better...  in fact ALL drivers since then have been a downgrade performance-wise.

QB

0 Likes
hondo
Journeyman III

I didn't buy two top of the range AMD GPU to wait for 6 months to play a game. This has been normal practice for AMD for quiet a while. Instead always blaming it on Nvidia why don't AMD be proactive get the drivers ready to best as possible. Fine Witcher has some gameworks features but they can at least get the crossfire profiles.

Obviously if you are only using your for madVR, then that's perfect for you. I bought my GPU to play newly released games which I cant at the moment.

One thing for sure, they have lost me as a customer and I would never ever recommend AMD cards again. This is beyond a joke now!

0 Likes
Cornugon
Miniboss

hondo schreef:

I didn't buy two top of the range AMD GPU to wait for 6 months to play a game.

What do you mean, six months? The game has only been released one-and-a-half week ago... That the game was delayed for six months has nothing to do with you buying two top range AMD GPU's.

0 Likes
kingfish
MVP

Which version of the game would you like a fix for? Do you know how many patches that game has had already? You expect AMD to release updates for each patch as they are released when AMD finds out about the patch at the same time you do? All this whining reminds me of when Rage was released.

0 Likes

4 patches released and they're working on a 5th to fix the text size issue, among other things. But of course people gripe and complain about graphics drivers instead of a buggy game...Methinks it's time for AMD and nVidia both to stop releasing drivers to fix issues developers should do themselves.

0 Likes
hondo
Journeyman III

I'm talking in general how long it takes AMD to release drivers so you can play new games.

Project cars doesnt use gameworks features. Or that what we have been told by SMS. AMD still haven't released driver for it. Except for handful of AMD users no one can play this game unless you are have an Nvidia card.

0 Likes
hondo
Journeyman III

I dont expect AMD to release drivers for every single game patch. They should at least have drivers ready for when the game is released. Which they never do. Nvidia does it? why cant AMD be proactive?

I'm not saying Nvidia does it better but at least they make sure there are new drivers for major games at launch.

0 Likes
Cornugon
Miniboss

hondo schreef:

They should at least have drivers ready for when the game is released. Which they never do.

You're not quite right there. AMD recently had drivers ready for GTA V, Battlefield: Hardline, and Dragon Age: Inquisition.

0 Likes
athlona
Journeyman III

ROY@AMD keeps on telling us next week that was well over a weeks ago now and still no drivers People say new drivers could be on the release of the new 300 AMD cards... Thats fun well over a month from now then i'd say...

0 Likes