cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

When I try to update or reinstall my Rx 480 amd software i get this error message Radeoninstall.exe - Bad Image. How can I fix this?

Radeoninstall.exe - Bad Image
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\atiadlxx.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0xc000012f. How can I fix this?

I have an
MSI Rx480 4gb

Desktop

Windows 10 64 bit

Acer XF240H 144hz monitor displayport to displayport

ASUS Rog Strix B350-F motherboard

Ryzen 7 1700x cpu

EVGA power supply Series 100-B1-0700-K1 Item model number 100-B1-0700-K1

2x8gb ram (total 16gb)

0 Likes
5 Replies

There is a 1/2018 BIOS update for your motherboard from Asus Support. If you have a previous or older BIOS try updating the BIOS and see if the AMD Driver installation works. ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING Driver & Tools | Motherboards | ASUS USA​ . In another thread, another poster was having installing the AMD driver also but after updating the BIOS to the latest he mentioned that the AMD driver installed without problems. This is the thread I was mentioning about the BIOS being updated: ASUS FX550I FX-9830P with RX460 No AMD graphics driver is installed

FYI: Asus AI Suite II & III is broken by the latest Windows Update. Asus will be issuing a new AI Suite III to make it work again under the latest Windows Update. In fact, in the above link it seems like they have a new version of AI Suite III to download from 2/2018. But need to know that AI Suite III probably will cause problems with AMD Wattman which has conflicts with any 3rd party GPU controller software such as MSI Afterburner.

0 Likes

I finally updated my bios to the latest version as you suggested and I tried to DL the software for my GPU again and I got the same error message as before...

0 Likes

This website is very good at giving explanations about various errors and how to fix them. Here it indicates that the error "Bad Image" you are having is due to a Windows Update that was installed recently. Here is the link: FIX: “(Application Name).exe – Bad Image” is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an...

Follow the directions and see if the Error goes away. If it does, it means it was a Security Windows Update that was causing the problem.

0 Likes

I was finally able to download Radeon software again and run it. The only thing that changed between now and when I updated my bios was the latest windows update which I downloaded and installed a couple days ago. Windows must have messed my system up and then finally fixed it.

0 Likes

Yeah, unfortunately, AMD latest GPU drivers require that Windows is fully updated to work correctly. If your problem is fixed than mark whatever comment was the one that fixed it, either your own or someone else. This way other people can learn what fixed your problem in the future.

0 Likes