cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

agosmontini
Newcomer

When I download the amd catalyst control center my notebook starts to restart

My problem is that I have a notebook with 2 video cards, the integrated and the dedicated one that is an AMD Mobility Raedon HD 5000 Series, what happens is that I want the games I use the AMD board and not the integrated , but that option does not appear in the AMD catalyst control center, so I downloaded the updated driver from the official website, but once installed and rebooted the computer started giving me problems and the notebook started to restart only every 2 minutes along with the blue screen of windows, so I had to enter in safe mode and go back to the previous update of the driver to be able to solve it. I was reading that this is caused by a compatibility problem between the amd driver and windows 10 (which is the operating system that I have).

So my question is, how to make my games use the AMD video card without using the Control catalyst center or how to solve the compatibility problem between the windows 10 and the driver of the amd video card.

From already thank you very much.

0 Likes
7 Replies

You either have a APU or a Intel processor. Which one? INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

You have switchable graphics.

Either way your graphics is Legacy..please read Laptop graphics update...How to

Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

Thank you very much for your answers but i am still having the same problem. I followed all the steps of the thread Clean install amd graphics drivers but it didnt works. If someone had the same problem in windows 10 and could fix it, please tell me how i can do it.

0 Likes

What driver did you try and install? One for a APU or one for the discrete graphics? Without that info...all you will get here is guesses. Use Speccy (free) if you don't know, and post it here.

Download Speccy | Find your computer specs, free!

0 Likes

I tried to install the catalyst software suite for the HD raedon 5000 series from this link Legacy​, but how i said, it isnt worked and i had the problem again.

As you asked me, i installed the program and here are the images Imgur: The magic of the Internet .

Edit: this update just appeared in the windows updater, what do you recommend me to do? Imgur: The magic of the Internet

0 Likes

Install it.

0 Likes

how i said, i tried to install it but it doesnt worked

0 Likes