cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Re: What's happening with these Drivers?!

Yes. I uninstalled using control panel in windows and then restarted into safe mode and then uzed Display Driver Uninstaller so it'll be completely cleaned and then installed 17.7.2 again.

0 Kudos
benchart
Adept III
Adept III

I'm glad it was fixed.
Altough, I don't know if the fault is coming from Asus or from AMD.
So it's a little hard to judge if where the problem is coming from, but Asus usually have a lot of this problems with AMD.

0 Kudos

That's the problem though, its not only Asus. I have a friend that also has has this issue with these newer drivers and he has PowerColor RX 480 Red Devil. I've seen a few other people with MSI cards too with this issue online.

What's messed up is that PowerColor doesn't have a BIOS update for stability fix like Asus does. Hope some of the others have BIOS fixes like Asus does.

0 Kudos
benchart
Adept III
Adept III

That sucks then :\
I suspect that this might be related some times with the lack of overclockability of the cards..
Usually third partys like to push the cards a bit, and as we know not all the cards can deliver those clocks at 100% of the occasions.
I think the green team usually don't have too much of this problems because pretty much all the cards seems to have a usually a higher room to overclock than AMD.
But it's hard to guess. I'm just firing shots to the air...
I had more Nvidia GPUs than AMD GPUs until now. So far I was unlucky with 2 nvidia cards and one ATI, so I think both of the brands have it's on problems sometimes :\

0 Kudos
ucouldbrong
Adept III
Adept III

ONLY cards that I have that failed were NVIDIA.  NEVER any AMD fails.  AMD seems more dependable hardware and the drivers ALWAYS end up reaching their full potential...eventually.

0 Kudos

This GPU isn't even factory OCed out of the box, only way I was able to apply the factory OC Asus set was with GPU Tweak and AMD broke the support for the OCing software we use in one of the last couple driver releases....so everything on the GPU was stock.

I think I only ran into an issue on an Nvidia GPU when I had a GTX 260 216 core lol. But they fixed it like the next driver release and Nvidia releases drivers more frequently so it wasn't that long. I think one of the drivers was causing BSODs on Vista or something like that its been while lol.

Key word is that they FIXED it....

Speaking of OCing though. I got confortable enough with the stability of the RX 470 now that I decided to start OCing it for like the first time. I got a nice and stable 10% OC out of it using Wattman. Added 40mV to each state and only +10% on the powerlimit but it there is definitely a perfomance increase in games I play so far. This makes me want to keep the GPU but the fear of upgrading to a new driver thats suppose to fix things but makes GPU unstable is too strong smh..Plus the Radeon Settings issues like FRTC being being weird, Freesync causing crazy stutter in some games, they keep breaking Relive Recording, game profiles disabling sometimes for seemingly no reason, and some other things...

0 Kudos

OK.......installed 17.8.1 because it fixed the long load times in Forza Horizon 3 (which I still play) and a couple of Freesync issues (finally) but guess what....issues I have videos I have posted in this thread came back! Didn't do a clean install, just did a regular upgrade. Played Far Cry 4 and then when I exited the game, the desktop was glitching like crazy!

You really can not tell me that this isn't a driver issue now. AMD what is going on when I do a driver upgrade?!

I'm able to duplicate the issue just be playing Far Cry 4 and then exiting so far which is worse than before, it didn't always do it. I've tried it 3 times already, happened every single time so far......

Update: So far only FARCRY4 it's happening with...as of now smh...I'm so confused. I don't understand I thought I was done with this....

0 Kudos