cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

waltc
Miniboss
Miniboss

Re: What's happening with these Drivers?!

dreamager wrote:

It's a fact that 17.7.2 shouldn't be installed by anyone? Is this Trumps account? They're working perfectly fine for me. FAKE NEWS! etc

Beside the point, but Trump exposes the Fake News...;)..but I agree, I have had no trouble at all with the "new drivers" with my Asus RX-480. I'm running Win10x64 latest Preview build 16257, as well.  Have had 0 problems with the 480 since the day I installed it a few months ago.

0 Kudos
waltc
Miniboss
Miniboss

He's not "special"--you are just highly unusual...;)

0 Kudos
waltc
Miniboss
Miniboss

Anyone who claims to have the sort of problems you do and *does not* roll back his drivers is an idiot...;)  How much does nVidia pay you guys to come out here and write this garbage?,,,Too funny...;)

0 Kudos
tylerdurden2
Adept I
Adept I

How much does NVidia pay you?

Error reporting is a very important part of quality control. If AMD doesn't have the resources to test and make properly working drivers themselves, they really need people like us doing the testing and pointing out what's not working. People like you trying to screw that process up here up by sabotaging error reporting with flaming, insulting and mouthng off to people who do have a problem and report an error won't help AMD.

0 Kudos
ambrose
Challenger
Challenger

Hello,

This is just an opinion, but when it comes to GFX driver updates, treat them like a Bios update for your OS, ONLY do it if it going to apply a fix to something your are having an issue with, otherwise don't do it. Same for GFX drivers if you playing games and or having good working conditions getting an extra 5 FPS with a newer driver is not going to add anything to your already working environment or gaming experience.

IMHO, Ambrose

P.S. I wonder if all the users of W10 are giving M$ as much $hit for not having their OS play nice with other stuff as they are at giving AMD $hit for trying their best to have their driver releases play nice with an already flawed OS like 10.

0 Kudos

Yeah I definitely agree with you on that 17.5.2 was the last stable driver I had but it's a couple months old with its own issues that needed to be fixed besides stability. The last few driver's fixed some issues 17.5.2 had in games and features that were broken that I use, although they fixed these issues half way, from what I lesrned after installing.

So I installed these newer updates because they, supposedly, fixed some other issues that I had. 17.6.x drivers where completely unstable for but 17.7.x have been more stable but still less stable than 17.5.2.

So far updating the BIOS for my GPU has made things very stable for me and is starting to look like it's good solution for the stabilty issues I've been having with my GPU and these recent driver releases. I'm not coming to a conclusion just yet and say that was my solution because I want to get a little more testing out of it before I do.

0 Kudos
dreamager
Adept III
Adept III

This isn't error reporting, this thread has turned into a whinge fest. As pointed out on several threads, this is mostly a user forum. Error reporting is done elsewhere

0 Kudos

Well the problem is, I have been reporting these error's to AMD for a while now and still nothing is happening about it. So I'm going to make some noise on here about it because this is getting a little silly now with how long I've been enduring these buggy drivers, giving AMD the benefit of the doubt on their GPUs.

Anyways, it seems like something good is coming out of it....

0 Kudos

Finally the answer for this glichy screen nonsense has been foiund. I guess Asus picked upon that their GPU becoming unstable with newer driver releases and fortunately made a new BIOS to fix it's stability. The last couple days since I installed updated BIOS, I've had no issues anymore like you see in my videos anymore or random freeze ups

Hopefully everyone else that is having this issue is able to find a BIOS update thst fixes stability of their GPU. If what Benchart says is right, its unfortunate the AMD doesn't take into consideration the non reference GPUs and then we end up with weird issues like this. I'm pretty much DONE with AMD GPUs right now just because Radeon Setting and the ridiculously high probability that your get a new driver that will cause your GPU to be unstable is very upsetting. I don't want to sit here troubleshooting things almost every other driver release.

AMD really has to think about the condition they release not-optional drivers because to my assimption I thought the non-optional ones were suppose to be the stable ones yet there are littlr bugs all over the place in Radeon Setting smh.

I will continue to report bugs through Radeon Settings for as long as I have this GPU (might not be for much longer). Hoprfully AMD well actually start fixing some of these issues that we vome across soon!

Thanks for the advice Benchart!!

ucouldbrong
Adept III
Adept III

Have you completely ​uninstalled the drivers and ​re-installed them?

0 Kudos