cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

wonderio619
Adept I

What is wrong with MLAA in my case ?

I can't get MLAA to work properly with GTA IV, version 1.0.8.0.

I have AMD 7770 card, latest AMD drivers, DirectX, Visual C++, Windows 7 SP1 64 bit.

When I enable MLAA via CCC for GTA IV - I can actually see that it WORKS, judging by slightly blurred tex in menu.

But in-game there is absolutely no effect.

What can be wrong ?

P.S. I know for sure that MLAA must work perfectly with GTA IV, you can make sure of it by take a look at this article:

Practical Morphological Anti-Aliasing

0 Likes
1 Solution

Do you have MLAA enabled in the 'global' settings? Try that and see if the game uses it. I have had issues where the game profile settings do not override the global setting.

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Not sure, i can confirm MLAA works on my system with Windows 10, providing i disable GameDVR and full-screen optimisations.

pastedImage_0.png

I read in some AMD manual that for MLAA works properly I need to set enhance or override game settings in game profile setup and run game in exlusive fullscreen mode, which I did I believe.

0 Likes

Correct, you need to use the Enhance option and ensure the game is running on DX11 and in exclusive full screen mode.

0 Likes

GTA IV is DX9 game ( not a problem btw, should work, judging at article I linked )
My card supports DX11, and I have latest DX redistributables installed.

0 Likes

Yes should work in some DX9,10 and 11 games, but not all. That said it does work in GTA V on Windows 10.

0 Likes

Do you have MLAA enabled in the 'global' settings? Try that and see if the game uses it. I have had issues where the game profile settings do not override the global setting.

Will try ...

0 Likes

YEAH IT FINALLY WORKS !

Thank you body, I never saw IV so much "clean"

Good to hear, great job kingfish​.

0 Likes

Glad it works for you Now if we can get AMD to fix the issue of game profiles not overriding the global settings....you won't have to use MLAA as your default setting.

Please send a notice to AMD here > Email Form

wonderio619
Adept I

I can send some logs or some files to check, or do some tests, if needed.

0 Likes

You can submit a bug report here, but it sounds like it could be a issue local to your system.

0 Likes

Well, the new 18.4.1 drivers did not fix the issue with FRTC in the game profiles not overriding the Global settings. It is broken. The only way to use this feature is to enable it in the Global settings. Did it fix your issue with MLAA?

0 Likes

I use MLAA in global settings too, no luck with profile.

But not a big deal for me.

0 Likes